HR and Admin Assistant Sudan Darfur
Human Resource & Admin Assistant Alfasher Area Office (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the HR & Admin assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the HR function responsibilities. In addition, the role will provide general support to the day-to-day maintenance of premises and administration systems; organises and delivers delegated admin tasks in line with schedule and standards.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the HR and Admin function portfolio according to plan of action for Sudan.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the HR and Admin function
- Assist with the implementation of HR policies and procedures at office level.
- Provide support in recruitment processes, including advertisements, filling applications, inviting candidates, organizing interview venues etc.
- Update staff records and files, including contracts, leave, medical, appraisals, etc. and ensure proper filing of documents on O365.
- Generate monthly records and reports such as staff lists, leave and other HR statistics.
- Process and follow up claims for medical cover and insurance.
- Prepare staff contributions to relevant statutory bodies (social security, pensions etc.)
- Under the supervision of the HR Coordinator / Manager, the Assistant is responsible for maintaining of trackers and NRC People Systems (staff database, Attendance, Leave, Overtime and health insurance), provides information on request and compiles information for HR reporting.
- Assist in the staff recruitment throughout the process.
- Ensure monthly timesheet are done by staff within the office area and kept at HR files.
- To maintain the incentive workers records in the line with NRC related standard operation procedures (SOP).
- To facilitate and advise staff on the local medical insurance
- Scan, print, copy as required, and ensure that the filing tree of NRC Sudan is updated with scanned copies for all employees’ personal files.
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, takings minutes, drafting letters, and translation of English or Arabic documents etc.
- Any other tasks assigned by line manager.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Bachelor degree in business administration, human resource management or related field with minimum two years’ experience of working as an HR and administration assistant in a humanitarian or development context.
Team leadership, inter-personal and inter-cultural skills and ddocumented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
Good cultural awareness and sensitivity. Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential and attention to details, problem solving skill, excellent time management skills
Technical management expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
Preferable to be from Alfasher area.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Alfasher with almost 40% travel.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Apply through www.nrc.no/career closing date: 04/10/2021