SENIOR HR MANAGER
JOB TITLE: HR Senior Manager - VENEZUELA
START: Oct 2021
FULL TIME/PART TIME: Full Time
SALARY RANGE: $5.800.000 to $6.300.000
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to the displaced and refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela continues to intensify. Venezuelans face hyperinflation, which puts them out of reach of basic goods and services, including health care and food. A shortage of medical supplies means that it is difficult to diagnose and treat communicable diseases and sexual and reproductive health needs, among other services. The lack of food has resulted in hunger and malnutrition. From 2015-2018, over three million Venezuelans left to seek goods and services in primarily neighboring countries.
The IRC has responded to the crisis by supporting Venezuelans who cross the arc of the migration pattern, including Venezuela, Colombia, and Ecuador. In Venezuela, the IRC has been developing programs since 2018 through the support of local partners, having a presence in Caracas, Zulia, Barquisimeto and Valencia. The IRC works to strengthen the capacity of local partners to provide access to quality sexual and reproductive health services, nutrition, and Child Protection. In Colombia, the IRC works in the areas of health, protection, education, and multipurpose cash assistance in Cucuta, Medellin, Cundinamarca, and Norte de Santander, with funding through various donor, including OFDA/USAID, ECHO, SIDA, GFFO, among others. Ecuador is IRC’s most recent program intervention which will be done through local partners in the areas of sexual and reproductive health and protection for women and children.
The Human Resources Snr Manager oversees and implements VCR human resources activities providing a spectrum of services from tactical to strategic. The HR Snr manager will manage the HR field team to ensure efficient and high quality staff recruitment, contracts management, orientation, learning and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, policy and labor law compliance, employee engagement and staff care. The HR Snr manager reports to the HR senior Coordinator of the Venezuela Crisis response.
- Implementation of IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures and ensure all HR activities are carried-out in adherence to these standards
- Collaborate with Finance in budget preparation and ensure that internal and external controls are met in an appropriate manner.
- Partner with program staff to plan and manage timely and effective recruitment efforts for all the locations.
- Coordinate and monitor contract renewals and terminations; all staff related entry and exit documentations upon hire and at exits after end of assignments.
- Assures to keep the files and records in coherence with IRC standards and in line with country legislation.
- Plan, conduct and track new employee orientation to ensure every new hire receives on-boarding/training and foster a positive attitude towards organizational objectives.
- Manage timely and accurate monthly payroll for all locations.
- Coordinate staff trainings in accordance with the learning and development plan;, monitor and track all IRC sponsored trainings ensuring all stall fill out all relevant paperwork and feedback reports in compliance with IRC’s policies and procedures; coach managers on training and development opportunities and resources
- Ensure strong performance management processes; follow up on all performance management evaluations ensuring that all new employees receive goals within 30 days and that this is done in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible of the HR Master file and data base (inclusive of the leave database, tracking of staff probationary periods, timesheets etc). Supervise the regular update of the personnel records filing system ensuring that information is filed in an orderly and timely manner.
- Oversee HR administration and ensure 100% compliance with current labor laws.
- Resolve specific employee relations issues with professional grace; as requested, lead investigations to resolve issues/conflict in the workplace. Escalate code of conduct issues, lead or co-lead employee relations investigations and ensure issues are brought to resolution with appropriate follow-up carried out. Partner with and seek counsel from Ethics and Compliance Unit (ECU) as needed.
- Advise supervisors in determining appropriate, consistent and judicious disciplinary measures in line with local labor law and global policy.
- Serve as a model of supervisory excellence; supervise and mentor direct-report HR staff, including communicating clear expectations, distributing and delegating roles and responsibilities, setting/refining performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Serve as an ambassador and champion for the IRC Way: Standards for Professional Code of Conduct.
- Ensure safety regulation at work, making sure rules and regulations are respected.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being. Model and support healthy work-life balance practices.
- Provide support and advice to the ESMT on staff communications to ensure clear, consistent, timely and transparent communication on matters impacting staff.