Programme Support Assistant
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Tashkent
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 4
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 21-OCT-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The opening of the UNESCO Tashkent Office in 1996 created an ample opportunity for the Organization to realize its mission in Uzbekistan, to establish international cooperation as well as cultural and other ties with the country. UNESCO Tashkent Office’s activities consist essentially in providing technical assistance in its fields of competence and organizing awareness-raising and capacity-building activities.
The UNESCO Tashkent Office is a national office within UNESCO's decentralized field structure and operates with support of the UNESCO Bangkok Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education, the UNESCO Jakarta Regional Bureau for Sciences in Asia and the Pacific and the Almaty cluster office.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the UNESCO Tashkent Office, in close coordination with the Programme Unit responsible Specialists and the Administrative Officer, the Programme Support Assistant shall perform the following functions:
- Assist with the translation of documents, letters and texts (incl. those posted on the office's website and Facebook page) provided by Programme Units;
- Support the HoO and the Sectors in drafting correspondence in the English / Russian /Uzbek languages and maintain close communication with the relevant partners;
- Assure liaison with authorities and facilitate the overall process related to entry visa for UNESCO staff, and consultants as appropriate;
- Answer and filter incoming telephone calls, providing general information on questions related to the activities of the office; liaise with the concerned staff and ensure follow-up;
- Maintaining office mailbox by filter incoming emails and channeling them to Assistant to the HOO and relevant officers;
- Collect mission plans (itinerary, travel arrangements) of the Office staff and consultants and assist in the follow-up of activities in co-ordination with the administrative services and programme staff; provide assistance in obtaining security clearance from UNDSS for office’s consultants and experts.
- Ensure proper records management of the Office;
- Keep accurate and up-to-date registry logbooks of vehicles;
- Register incoming correspondence and contribute to the maintenance of office records;
- Assist in resolving successfully issues/problems related to delivered goods and services, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities shipped or received; Assist in customs clearance formalities.
- Backstopping Assistant to the Head of Office and Administrative Assistant (Admin Unit) during their absence
- Perform any other duties that may be required for the smooth running of programme and Administrative units.
Long Description Long Description COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- At least a bachelor degree in an area of UNESCO’s competencies (i.e. international relations, business administration, economics and communications, and related fields).
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in the related field of administrative services, support for the management and implementation of programmes and/or projects.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, Uzbek and Russian languages.
- Familiarity with the administrative procedures of large Organizations;
- Proven excellent oral, written, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage heavy workloads and meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to details and quality of work.
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, formulate options and make conclusions and recommendations.
- Excellent knowledge of the Excel and other MS Office tools.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.