External Relations and Strategic Partnerships Officer
VACANCY NOTICE 007/2021
External Relations and Strategic Partnerships Officer
All our work shall be driven by commitment and excellence
External Relations and Strategic Partnerships
Type of Contract:
24-October-21 (Midnight UTC+2)
Duration of Initial Contract:
1 year (renewable) with 4 months’ probation period
The International Anti-Corruption Academy (IACA) is an intergovernmental organization with a global constituency as well as a post-secondary educational institution, headquartered in Laxenburg/Vienna. It is the only international organization with a mandate focused solely on fighting corruption through education, research, cooperation, and technical assistance delivery.
IACA strives to complement the UN’s work in the field of sustainable development, incl. through project implementation and provision of technical assistance, and to facilitate the implementation of the UN Convention Against Corruption. We are a pioneering institution that aims to overcome shortcomings in knowledge and practice in the field of anti-corruption and compliance, functioning as a centre of excellence in education, training, networking, and cooperation, as well as academic research. IACA activities benefit public and private sector professionals and practitioners, academics, media professionals, and civil society.
For detailed information on IACA, please visit our website at www.iaca.int .
As an international civil servant, the incumbent will be entitled to an all-inclusive annual salary of 71,139 EUR. An adjusted dependency benefit will be given to staff members with at least one child. For detailed information on IACA grades and conditions, please consult the Staff Rules of the International Anti-Corruption Academy.
If you have related work experience, meet the requirements outlined in the Job Description on the following pages, adhere to our goals and Guiding Principles, and would like to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment, please send a concise CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly stating the Vacancy Notice number in the subject line, no later than 24 October 2021 (Midnight UTC+2). Please include your contact details as well as the names and contact details of three references. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within IACA’s organizational structure, the External Relations and Strategic Partnership Officer works under the overall leadership and supervision of the Head of External Relations and Strategic Partnerships department and Chief of Staff. The incumbent supports development and enhancement of IACA’s relations with its Constituency, the United Nations (UN) System, other Intergovernmental Organizations (IGOs), and other stakeholders and assists with various United Nations and IGO processes.
The incumbent will perform the following principal duties:
· Plan, draft, develop, and implement duties on external relations and strategic partnerships, protocol matters, including events management (onsite, online, hybrid) and project development and implementation.
- Provide support to the IACA Permanent Observer to the United Nations in New York, and coordinate workflow between IACA HQ and the Permanent Observer, making sure all priorities are properly addressed and executed.
- Liaise with diplomatic representations and other partners, and the host country’s authorities in order to contribute to further organizational goals.
- Act as a focal point to identify strategic collaboration opportunities with other UN agencies, UN global compact, business chambers, department of public sector enterprises and SME associations with the aim to promote and strengthen IACA´s mandate.
- Organize multilateral and bilateral meetings to identify opportunities where the Organization can make a valuable contribution.
- Coordinate delegation visits and provide the necessary protocol, liaison, and administrative services in this respect.
- Plan and implement internal and external communications and advocacy outreach activities.
- Maintain effective working relations and communication channels with the IACA global network of external stakeholders and build information networks with potential interested parties.
- Provide timely reports, analysis and briefings on UN and other IGO processes of relevance to their particular programme of work; determine implications for IACA and make recommendations on initiatives and ways to strengthen cooperation.
- Provide support in the preparation of various written outputs, such as routine correspondence, meeting reports, briefing notes, strategic and position papers, and speeches.
- Contribute to and/or coordinate preparation of publications, such as IACA newsletters and the Annual Report.
- Support the administration of the implementation of Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with key UN/IGO and other partners and develop joint activities and projects in support of shared global goals and conventions, such as SDGs and UNCAC.
- Identify and develop partnership projects, manage existing partnerships, and build avenues to expand existing partnerships.
- Conduct research on assigned topics related in particular to the main areas of responsibility and advise superiors on issues related to External Relations and Protocol.
- Assist with the accounting and financial reporting of activities carried out by the department and ensure proper and reliable knowledge management.
- Occasional work on other tasks given by superiors is expected, not directly related to the appointment, but where the relevant work experience and skills are an asset and/or the immediate shortage of personnel capabilities require so.
The External Relations and Strategic Partnership Officer place of employment is at the IACA campus, in a multinational environment. The incumbent may also be sent to IACA’s other offices or those of partners, contractors, or other third parties in Austria or abroad and on official missions, as work requires, and thus must hold valid international travel documents. The incumbent actively contributes to the development and maintenance of the Academy’s distinctive character as a centre of excellence in the field of anti-corruption training and education. The External Relations and Strategic Partnership Officer is required to devote working hours to, inter alia, planning, communicating, and coordinating with both external stakeholders and IACA’s team members.
Skills and Professional Experience
- is a skilled leader with strong analytical, communication and negotiation skills in a multicultural environment,
- has experience working in and demonstrates in-depth knowledge of characteristics of international organizations, in particular the United Nations system,
- has profound knowledge of applicable international laws, and practical experience with different international organizations (preferably also with an anti-corruption mandate),
- has very good knowledge and understanding of liaising with diplomatic representations, international organizations, and (other) external stakeholders,
- has strong knowledge of partnership development tools, keeps abreast with new developments in areas of professional discipline and utilises them constructively
- has ample experience in organizing (high-level) events, conferences, meetings, visits etc. on the international level, and strives for high-quality client-oriented services,
- has excellent written and oral communication skills in English,
- has a proven track record of producing policy briefs, briefing notes, speeches, advocacy materials and communication products in various formats.
- has outstanding analytical skills and is an effective problem solver,
- has sound negotiating skills,
- has cultural awareness and a high sensibility to deal with cultural and geographical diversity,
- has excellent time management skills,
- is confident and proactively pursues targets,
- is prepared to take over responsibility,
- demonstrates the ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations,
- is able to work self-dependently and within a multinational environment as well as with people from different professional backgrounds,
- is able to work well under pressure, adapt to challenging and changing environments, and meet deadlines,
- shows pride in work and achievements,
- expresses readiness to travel and represent IACA at international events, etc.
- has interest to learn and inspire new ways of doing business and bring creativity to the team,
- is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results, and is familiar with the handling of contemporary computer software (MS Office 365).
A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in a job-related field is required.
For applicants with first-level university degree, a minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience in a job-related field is required, preferably in an international organization or a diplomatic mission.
· Familiarity with UN/development project management practices and procedures and international protocols and standards are considered an asset.
· Additional qualifications in a job-related field such as additional languages are considered an asset.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in social sciences, political science, international relations, law, public administration, or related field. A first-level university degree in any of these fields, in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, political science, international relations, or a related field.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
IACA is committed to the principles of equal opportunities, non-discrimination, gender balance, and geographical distribution, and upholds its Guiding Principles. We seek to attract the best qualified and most dedicated workforce meeting the highest standards of professional ability, personal integrity, and social competence, and offer fair and competitive international employment terms and conditions.
The selected candidate is expected to start as soon as possible.
· Please note that the closing date is midnight Vienna time.
· Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
· IACA’s selection is final and not subject to review.
· Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.