Reproductive Health Officer
In Karamoja IRC is implementing a project funded by UNFPA. The project is originating from the UNFPA Program "ADA & join programing: The current project is running for nine months from May 2021 to December 2021. This project will be implemented across the seven districts of Karamoja. These are Moroto, Napak, Nakapiripirit, Amudat, Kotido, Abim and Kaabong.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, The Reproductive Health Officer implements the reproductive health related activities stipulate in the UNFPA_IRC Karamoja program. S/He will conduct evidence-based advocacy for incorporating adolescents and youth SRH needs in districts laws, policies, and programs. S/He will contribute to increased utilization of quality integrated GBV/SRHR services in the target districts and improved provision of quality integrated GBV and SRHR services in Karamoja.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct integrated SRH/HIV prevention activities for in/out of school 10-24-year-olds including thru Protect the goal campaign and SBCC training.
- Organize and conduct bimonthly integrated Sexual Reproductive Health and Gender Based Violence camps outreaches targeting youth in the project districts in Karamoja
- Coordinate monthly integrated SRHR/HIV/VAWG outreaches, with inbuilt screening, identification, and referral of cases of VAWC/HP with partners.
- Coordinate awareness raising, before and during integrated SRHR service delivery to mobilize the communities for services.
- Ensure continuous provision of SRH supplies required to conduct the SRHR services are available at all times.
- Organize for and implement the roll out of the Sexuality Education Framework in target districts and stakeholders of Karamoja.
- Ensure integration of menstrual hygiene management for Adolescent girls to keep girls in school in the Girl Shine sessions for in schools of Karamoja.
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities.
- Represent IRC’s Program in the District Health Team, Health sub-district and other actors to ensure all program activities are carried out with their collaboration.
- Collaborate with the district to identify and roll out a communication strategy for the Health program including the printing and distribution of IEC materials focusing on HIV/AIDS, SE & SRHR information.
- Using the existing VHTs and Health workers support the district to conduct health promotion outreach Camps and sensitization activities to promote uptake of SRHR services using messages approved by the Ministry of Health (MoH).
- Coordinate with the sub counties to facilitate the quarterly convergence point’s meetings at sub-counties level.
- Plan and coordinate trainings for structures; Peer educators and leaders on HIV responsibilities, SRH and support the respective meetings.
Communication and Reporting
- Submit reports regularly as required, information to Senior WPE Manager on program related activities
- Submit weekly, monthly and Quarterly activity reports to Senior WPE Manager.
- Maintain proper records for all correspondences of the program.
- Responsible for sharing minutes for all relevant official meetings held in the field.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Budgeting
- Provide regular feedback to the Senior WPE Manager on project implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of the donor reports and project reports.
- Participate in the development of program work plans and reviewing them monthly with the Senior WPE Manager.
- Ensure and maintain accurate use of budget lines according to donor regulations.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned (of a similar nature or related and in the interest of the organization)
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: Field Coordinator
Position directly supervises:Project related community structures.
Indirect Reporting: Senior WPE Manager/Health Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal:IRC Health and WPE program staff, Operations staffExternal:District Health Teams for Karamoja districts, NGOs, INGOs and UN agencies working in the project region.