WPE Response Officer
Kyegegwa Town Council
The WPE Response Officer (RO) oversees, coordinates and monitors case management and psychosocial services, and ensures women and girls who are survivors of gender based violence (GBV) receive quality services that are needed and desired in Yumbe district, specifically in the Bidi bidi settlement. The RO is also responsible for training and supervising the WPE Social Workers, coordinating with humanitarian partners in the field and other IRC programs, and for ensuring proper utilization of the referral pathway. The RO will ensure that all direct service staff employ a survivor-centered approach to ensure that the clients’ wishes are respected, and their safety and confidentiality are preserved at all times through the case management process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the WPE Prevention Officer, oversee, coordinate and monitor Women Center activities and mobile services.
- Participate in the development of the case management and Psychosocial Support (PSS) tools and resources, GBV information materials, and PSS activities for women and girls in target communities and support their implementation.
- Support roll out of new initiatives e.g. EA$E, Adult literacy while tracking progress on implementation and engagement of targeted clients.
- Support implementation of the VSLA activities, business advisory, life-skills training offered to women and girls at the Women and Girls Centers.
- Monitor field work and support social workers to provide quality, timely and age-appropriate survivor-centered case management services and psychosocial support to all clients in the Women and Girls Center ensuring strict adherence to the GBV guiding principles (Safety and Security, Confidentiality, Respect and No Discrimination)
- Initiate, oversee and ensure proper use of the referral pathway in the provision of case management services.
- Lead weekly case review meetings with Social Workers and case conferencing meetings on as needed basis to troubleshoot more complex cases and ensure best support for the client.
- Advocate on behalf of clients with GBV service providers and other organizations to ensure effective referrals and increased access to services for clients in accordance with the survivors wishes.
- Set up and maintain client files and ensure all required documentation in individual case files is completed in a timely manner and according to confidentiality guidelines, GBV guiding principles and IRC standards.
- Oversee data collection through GBV Information Management System (GBVIMS) and activity M&E tools and systems, ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality and GBV best practice principles.
- Submit daily, weekly, and monthly comprehensive work plans and reports to the supervisor.
- Coordinate with WPE Database & Reporting Officer to analyze the information about GBV incidents and clients accessing the services and make recommendations to improve service delivery.
- Carry out performance management evaluation (PME) and ensure PME documentation for direct reports is in place and followed up regularly.
- Collaborate with programme staff and operations to ensure that supplies are available for WPE activities in a timely manner and resources are available to support events, trainings, and workshops.
- Participate and represent WPE program in relevant committees, clusters, task forces, and zone level coordination meetings.
- Support the immediate supervisor to complete monthly cash projections, spend out plans and raise PRs for needed supplies.
- Update, organize and maintain all WPE electronic and hard-copy files.
- Provide continuous feedback to supervisor on any challenges in the work implementation to be addressed directly with corrective steps/measures if needed.
- Assist in the orientation of new staff by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation.
- Ensure compliance with IRC policies and protocols of confidentiality, respect and safety.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: WPE Manager
Position directly supervises:Social Workers
Other internal and/or external contacts
Internal:Close coordination with IRC Protection, M&E, Finance, HR, Operations
External:Close collaboration with donors, APEAL Consortium partners, local actors (local NGOs, UN agencies, government) and service providers’ part of the urban survivors of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) referral system.