Senior Project Officer-SRH (Re-Advertised)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community-based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. IRC has a country office in Kampala, and field offices in Moroto, Kyaka II, Yumbe, Imvepi and Kiryandongo
Job Overview and Summary
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Reproductive Health Manager, the Senior Project Officer-SRH will beresponsiblefordirect implementation of the SRH grant in the fieldlocation Arua and supervising the implementation of thethreecoreaspectsofReproductiveHealthSafeMotherhoodinitiativesincluding:modern familyplanningmethods,safeabortioncare,emergencyobstetriccare includingRHreferral managementsystem.He/shewillbeexpectedtomonitorandensureimprovementand maintenanceofRHperformanceindicatorswithintheIRCUgandaprogramsasper the Sphere/WHO standards in humanitarian settings. The Senior Project Officer-SRH will also be the focal point for the SRH anonymous grant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop working systems and strategies to deliver the SRH anonymous grant indicators related to CYPs, Additional users, method mix and adolescent access to quality family planning services
- Oversee quality training, mentorship and coaching of RH providers to promote uptake of family planning (FP) and use of FP commodities including IUDs, implants and post abortion care services (PAC).
- Ensure high quality clinical care and standards through bi-annual quality of care assessments, proficiency testing, VCATs, client satisfaction and mystery client surveys
- Support RH Providers to enable them communicate all RH information and options clearly and respectfully to all men, women, boys and girls.
- Plan and actively involve the community in marking recognized Health/RH related days
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide support to RH providers to enable them collect and use program data within DHISII, HIS and the registers (facility and community based) to monitor and improve program quality and performance
- Compile RH weekly, monthly reports and donor reports as required
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of the SRH anonymous grant in line with proposal targets and work plan timelines
- Participate actively in execution of operational research in various health facilities if need be to enhance the quality, coverage, effectiveness and performance of the RH program.
- Monitoring and supervising both RH IRC /staff seconded by IRC to ensure work is performed efficiently
Reporting and Coordination
- Represent IRC in RH Coordination meetings with implementing partners, district and the MoH in RH working group meetings /Health related forums.
- CoordinatewithothersectorresponseswithinIRC(WPE,ERD, PRoL) to ensure a multi-sectoral approach to RH programming.
- Work with the supply chain team to develop accurate and timely monthly RH orders.
- Monitor utilization of IRC issued RH supplies; monitor and track IRC RH sector assets
Finance and grant management
- Planandmanage the project budgetasdelegatedbythesupervisorinordertomaintain program expenditure within the budget provided.
- Prepare spending plans for the project as delegated by the supervisor.
- Ensure that all grant required activities, indicators are systematically tracked and objectives are successfully met within the project timeframe.
- Attend and participate in monthly budget review meetings at the field level.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
Key Working Relationships
Directly Reports to: Reproductive Health Manager (Technical) and Health Manager (Administrative)
Internal: Field Leads, Health Managers, M&E manager, Supply Chain Managers, IT staff, Finance and Admin staff.