Roster / Long Term Agreement (LTA) for on-call Graphic/Layout/Design Artist (For Filipino Nationals only)
UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. With offices in more than 170 countries and territories, we offer global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
Working in the Philippines for over 40 years, UNDP continues to strengthen the country’s capacities at the national and local levels to promote democratic governance, sustainable management of natural resources, climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction and management, and resilience and peacebuilding. In all its programmes, UNDP integrates human rights and gender equality, advocating that everyone should have equal access to the benefits of development.
In supporting various projects and programmes, visual products such as infographics provide the opportunity to present information in a straightforward way and make data more relevant to citizens. They are being used on and disseminated through, for example, UN websites, social media, and advocacy reports. UN plans to maximize its communication and outreach through targeted, diverse digital visual products such as: internet banners, infographics/data visualization, social media posters, animated visuals, and gifs for print and social media. In this context, UNDP Philippines is looking to contract a number of Graphic/Layout/Design Artists on long term agreements to produce various print and digital visualization products to ensure UNDP requirements for publication layout and design services.
Under the Long-Term Agreements (LTA), the Graphic/Layout/Design Artists may work remotely or be assigned anywhere in the Philippines, depending on the requirement. The LTAs can be availed of by other UN agencies in the Philippines under same terms and conditions.
The Graphic/Layout/Design Artist shall report to the Project Manager of the hiring unit or his/ her authorized representative/s. S/he should clear all materials with the UNDP/UN Agency Communications focal points to ensure consistency when it comes to the UN/DP branding guidelines.
All submissions for the release of payments shall have a hard and soft copy of the documents. The final report will be reviewed by the Project Manager, who will provide comments and endorsement of the report.
Validity of the Roster / LTA
The initial contract would be for one year an option for renewal in the subsequent years which is contingent on a satisfactory performance evaluation. The roster / LTA will be valid for maximum period of 3 years. UNDP may issue long term agreements (IC contracts) for selected consultants or National Professional Services Agreement (NPSA) depending upon the need of various projects. LTA holders are not guaranteed any contract amount during the validity of the LTA, and engagement will be on an on-call basis.
Duty Station and Travel
- The consultants will be required to work either from their own homes or UNDP required location depending on specific requirement offices.
- For completion of the activities/deliverables, the consultant will be responsible for her/his own equipment, tools or software (i.e. laptop, internet, phone, scanner/printer etc.) and must have access to reliable internet connection.
- There is no expectation of any travel, however if require/requested by UNDP, the consultants would make their own arrangements for travel and lodging.
- Payment of travel costs including tickets (based on economy class ticket only), lodging, etc. should be agreed upon, between UN/UNDP and the consultant prior to travel.
- All travel related expenses, including allowances should be within the UN DSA rate, will be reimbursed on actuals, upon submission of original receipts.
Roster / LTA Contracting modality and Call-off mechanism:
- All the selected candidates will be put on a roster, valid for 3 years.
- The LTA to be signed for one year will be an all-inclusive lumpsum offer (based on the submission of the reports mentioned in “Deliverable/output clause” and in the “Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments”).
- The payment method linked to the resulting LTA will be adapted to the nature of the specific assignment/ToRs; however, UNDP does not warrant any quantity of services will be purchased during the term of the LTA as this will depend on forthcoming needs.
- Once the LTA is signed, if there is a specific requirement to be done in terms of Graphic/Layout/Design, the focal person in the UN/UNDP hiring unit would contact the top-ranking LTA holder (ranking to be set up as per evaluation method and criteria section below). Should this Layout/Design Artist not be available for the event, UNDP will contact the second ranked Graphic/Layout/Design Artist and so on.
- Upon receipt of this communication, the consultant would have to confirm their availability for the assignment. Upon review of the same, UNDP will send the Copy Editor a written communication confirming the requirement in the form of a work order or purchase order sent by email.
- After the work order has been sent, no further costs would be reimbursed by UNDP (increased outputs, or increased travel costs) unless there is prior written authorization by UNDP.
- Once the services are completed and have been approved by the hiring unit, the consultant will send the following for payment purposes: a) complete invoice indicating number of pages and travel costs (if any); b) supporting documentation (bills/vouchers) for reimbursements of travel costs if applicable; c) copy of the UNDP order for the assignment.
- The roster may also be used by UNDP HR team to select consultants on National Professional Service Agreements (NPSA). Those contracts will be based on the time-input provided by the selected consultants. The fee under NPSA modality will follow the pre-defined remuneration scale prescribed by NPSA policy.
UNDP will regularly monitor the performance of these LTA holders, based on the following Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- KPI 1: Responsiveness: Graphic/Layout/Design Artist should respond and confirm their availability for the event within 1 day of UNDP’s notification by email.
- KPI 2: Timeliness of submission of reports to UNDP
- KPI 3: Quality of reports are as per work order submitted.
- KPI 4: Accuracy of payment documentation. Graphic/Layout/Design Artist shall provide complete payment documentation including accurate invoices with correct quantities, unit price, complete travel bills/vouchers for reimbursement, etc.
- KPI 5: Communication and Reporting. Layout/Design Artist shall communicate and provide reports in a timely and professional manner
UNDP would conduct performance reviews of these LTAs every six (6) months, which might include meetings with the LTA holders and feedback from other stakeholders.
If the consultant fails to meet UNDP’s performance requirements detailed above, s/he will receive in the first instance a warning to improve their performance. Continued failure to meet performance requirements may result in termination of the LTA.
Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
The Graphic/Layout/Design Artist must send a financial proposal in Philippine Peso based on an all-inclusive lumpsum offer and the submission of the reports in accordance to the below requirement of the specific TOR.
Material for lay-out
(Letter and A4 only)
No. of pages
Books/ Magazine/ Coffee table book
Less than 100 pages
(Please indicate your offer in the financial proposal)
Per page (vise-versa)
(L x W)
2 ft. x 3,4,5,67,8 ft.
3 ft. x 3,4,5,67,8 ft.
4 ft. x 3,4,5,67,8 ft.
5 ft. x 3,4,5,67,8 ft.
6 ft. x 3,4,5,67,8 ft.
In the event that the hiring unit requires the services of Photographer on a daily basis, the hiring unit may select any two LTA holders to be submitted to HR for processing of short term NPSA. The all-inclusive daily fee under NPSA modality will follow the rates prescribed in the NPSA portal.
Duties and Responsibilities
LTA Objective and Set-up
The overall objective to set up Long-Term Agreements (LTAs) with individuals to facilitate and expedite the process by which UNDP and other UN Agencies in the Philippines, can engage the services of Graphic/Layout/Design Artists, as the need arises.
Scope of Work
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager of the hiring Project/UN agency, the Layout/Design Artist will be expected to provide publication layout and design services, including, but not limited to, the performance of the following tasks:
A. To develop three (3) design pitch decks or design concepts, no more than 5 pages each (A4 size), as overall design options from which one will be selected for the prospective publication layout of Manuscript.
B. Using the selected design deck, produce a digital and print-ready layout version of the Manuscript.
C. The layout file must be submitted as a packaged InDesign file folder containing the fonts, linked images and graphic files, IDML file, InDesign file, and print-ready PDF file.
D. The following guidelines must be adhered to in the development of the layout file:
- All photos must be print-quality high-resolution images, preferably 300 dpi high resolution with a larger pixel dimension, for example, 5000 x 4000 pixels.
- Photos for purchase must be under appropriate creative commons or copyright licenses and subject to the approval of Project Manager or the head of the requesting unit
- All images and graphic files must be processed for quality if needed and in both CMYK and RGB formats
- Tables, figures, diagrams, and other visualizations of technical data must be editable; if they are not editable on the manuscript (e.g., screenshots, flattened image files), they must be recreated or transposed into editable files by the layout artist.
- Paragraph styles and character styles must be used and assigned for various hierarchies of text (e.g., bodycopy, bullet level 1, bullet level 2, etc.)
- Master pages must be set for the different sections of the design brief
- The overall design shall follow the prescribed editorial style guide and branding of UNDP
- Layout of publish ready for print and online viewing
- Infographics compatible for print and online viewing
Following the performance of the tasks outlined in the Scope of Work above, the Layout/Design Artist is expected to deliver the following outputs:
- Design pitch deck or concepts from which one will be selected for the prospective layout template.
- First draft of layout as PDF.
- Second draft of layout reflecting any actionable feedback and/or revisions from requesting unit as packaged InDesign file.
- Finalized layout file reflecting any actionable feedback and/or revisions from the requesting unit on the second draft packaged InDesign file.
Timelines for these outputs will be agreed upon by the UNDP/other UN Agency’s project manager and selected consultant.
- Must have strong leadership and project management skills
- Must have an extensive background and understanding of the Philippine DRR, recovery, and resilience policies, programmes, and activities
- Must be detail-oriented
- Has excellent analytic skills especially in understanding complex information to produce evidence-based comparisons and conclusions.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN's values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Functional and technical competencies
- Ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment;
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and to meet strict and competing deadlines;
- Displays analytical judgment and demonstrated ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Proposers will be evaluated based on the Combined rating (technical + financial) methodology. The ranking of Graphic/Layout/Design Artist shall be made based on proposals that are
- responsive/ compliant/ acceptable; and
- having received the highest cumulative score out of set of weighted technical criteria
- Financial criteria as per below weightages (technical-financial): 70%-30%
Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal received by UNDP for the assignment.
It is anticipated that UNDP will sign LTA agreements with multiple Graphic/Graphic/Layout/Design Artists to take care of various ongoing requirements at the same time.
To obtain the over-all financial quotation, UNDP will sum the cost components above (refer to the Financial proposal form – total cost).
Technical Criteria for Evaluation
Only candidates obtaining 70% of the total technical points (49 out of 70 points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
(Minimum 14 points for University Degree, 20 points for Master’s)
(14 points for 6 years, 1 additional point per additional year)
Sample work evidenced by substantial design portfolio- (two designs will be reviewed):
15 + 15
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Please group them into one (1) single PDF document as the application only allows to upload maximum one document:
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability.
- P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Past Experience : Two (2) non-confidential sample works from previous piece, preferably with UN, Bilateral/ Multi-laterals, International NGOs or government agencies
- Financial proposal, stating an all-inclusive daily fee (based on an 8-hour working day – lunch time is not included –in Philippine Peso to complete the assignment. Travel and other unforeseen cost should NOT be included in the financial proposal, at this stage. Medical/health insurance must be purchased by the individual at his/her own expense, and upon award of contract, the consultant must be ready to submit proof of insurance valid during the contract duration.
Note: Application will not be accepted, if all the above listed documents are not submitted.
The following templates / Annexes and IC General Terms & Conditions can be downloaded from http://gofile.me/6xdJm/bE9TCw8fU:
- General Terms and Conditions for Individual Contract
- P-11 form
- Offerors Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability for the Individual IC Assignment, including Financial Proposal template
For any clarification, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only applications submitted to UNDP Jobs (on-line) will be accepted.
In view of the volume of applications, UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.