This role was posted on September 27, 2021, and is open until October 11, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Are you a project manager with experience in the education field and a passion for creating robust learner-centered content? If so, you may be a perfect fit as our Education Specialist on the Upskill team.
The Upskill program team will engage academic institutions (i.e., University of Liberia) to create review, and vet a curriculum for Community Health Assistants and supervisors and provide learners with complementary learning and support opportunities that facilitate the application of learning within their health systems. Additionally, the Upskill team will share best practices and facilitate institutional adoption of curricula such as in-person learning opportunities, technical assistance, and integration into academic institutions.
The Education Specialist will provide leadership and project management for the design, development, and production of courses and eLearning content. They will work with the Liberia team to identify needs and opportunities in Liberia and create learner-centered and media-rich instructional learning activities and leverage technology to promote innovative online pedagogy.
This position is only open to Liberian Nationals candidates.
Position: One (1)
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
What You’ll Do
- Clearly define and track project scope, goals, schedules, and deliverables and create and update project plans tasks on time and within budget while effectively communicating the project status to stakeholders
- Prepare materials for and participate in all collaborative project meetings, including kick-off meetings, regular status updates, and strategy meetings.
- Identify and document opportunities for short- and long-term engagement in upskill activities for health workers, aligned to the national Community Health assistants (NCHA) strategy and Last Mile Health (LMH) upskill strategy.
- Connect with Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) and Education teams to determine needs assessments, analyze data and make recommendations regarding instructional best practices and learning technologies.
- Work closely with relevant members of the Ministry of Health (MOH) to understand technical learning competencies needed for them to sustainably manage the program
- Work closely with the MOH to cultivate, engage, and coordinate partners interested in supporting education and training in Liberia
- Engage with other academic and training organizations which are offering health/digital health leadership capacity building courses, workshops, and other learning opportunities to promote partnership and collaboration with the purpose of collaborating with these entities
- Coordinate with LMH internal teams as well as the MoH’s Digital Health Focal Person to support the implementation of Liberia’s digital education work plan, strategy, and budget for digitizing NCHA systems.
What You’ll Bring
- Several years of experience in instructional design or course development
- Experience of working in Continuing Professional Development, Health worker accreditation/ certification or e-learning/ digital education
- Experience project managing of curriculum development projects from start to finish.
You’ll Impress Us If
- A master’ degree in education or another relevant subject (e.g., instructional learning design), public health, project management
- You have experience working in learning management systems (preferably Moodle) and related eLearning design software to design learning modules and administering learners
- You have experience working with multi-media production (scripting, videography, audio, etc.). Though, the candidate is not expected to have production skills.
- You have proven experience in education pedagogy/andragogy
- You have excellent communication skills, including experience in writing high-quality reports and other written materials and speaking at international conferences
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 3
For Liberia, the range is $25,000 to $ 35,000 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.