Senior Coordinator, Integrated Campaign Digitization
Senior Coordinator, Integrated Campaign Digitization
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Infectious Disease - Global Malaria
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI’s global malaria program provides direct technical and operational support to countries around the globe to strengthen their malaria programs and reduce the burden of this preventable, treatable disease. We support governments to scale up effective interventions for prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and surveillance, with the goals of sustainably reducing the number of malaria-related illnesses and deaths worldwide in the short-term and accelerating progress towards malaria elimination in the long term.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding technical and managerial capabilities to play a leadership role to help develop, execute, and coordinate an effective program to fight against infectious diseases and neglected tropical diseases (NTD) in Benin.
In collaboration with the Benin government, its partners and WHO, CHAI will work to digitize and integrate major components of campaign activities across disease programs areas including planning, supply chain management, campaign worker training, intervention delivery, payment, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). This program will aim to integrate end-to-end digital campaign tools across different campaigns and embed or link relevant components of these digital campaign tools into the associated government-owned routine health systems.
The Senior Coordinator will shape the strategy, drive success, and provide technical input to an exciting new portfolio of work in Benin building strong relationships with and across all stakeholders and ensuring that expected deliverables and targets are achieved.
Reporting to the CHAI Benin’s Senior Program Manager for malaria and NTDs, the Senior Coordinator will benefit from working with a strong internal team and building on relationships that CHAI Benin has cultivated with government partners and the Ministry of Health (MoH) and its partners and shaping the future direction of CHAI’s support to and partnership with the government of Benin. They will work with a range of partners and subject matter experts and will have deep personal commitment to producing results, the skills to navigate political situations, and patience and optimism even in the face of daunting challenges.
The Senior Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the effective execution of programmatic strategies and ensuring that CHAI provides high-quality support to the Benin government partners. They will spearhead the development and implementation of program technical activities, management systems, and supervision of a small but robust technical and programmatic staff. This role requires strong technical, managerial, communication, and organizational skills. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new, start-up effort to build up a targeted, impact-driven CHAI program in a country with significant public health needs.
CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities including resourcefulness, tenacity, independence, patience, humility, and strong work ethic.
The position will be based in Cotonou, Benin with limited domestic travel and occasional international travel (5-10%).
Leadership and Strategic Planning
In close coordination with the Benin senior management team, provide operational and technical support to the MoH to develop a strong MoH vision and operational plan for campaign digitization and integration, including working with government staff daily to:
- Scope and understand the health campaigns work and digital health capacity and activities in Benin
- Develop a local sustainability plan that incorporates governance, institutional capacity, financing, and other critical considerations
- Develop and implement a compelling strategy for maximizing CHAI’s impact and support to the MoH, including clear operational plans that align with government priorities and are coordinated with relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate CHAI’s support to the MoH to help strengthen systems and achieve audacious goals on aggressive timelines
- Monitor program activities against project goals and MoH commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work with the Benin government partners and CHAI teams to strengthen programs as necessary
- Produce quality products and documents including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners
- Successful transition of completed activities with an emphasis on the long-term sustainability of investments
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Engage, build, and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, country and international partners, donors and NGOs working on public health campaigns and digital health in Benin in alignment with MoH priorities to:
- Develop a deep understanding their motivations and challenges and
- Ensure effective and impactful coordination between various stakeholders
- Identify and work with appropriate organizations to implement aspects of campaign digitization and integration – including software customization, user testing, training, and M&E
- Develop and manage sub-contracts of software developers and campaign implementors
- Represent CHAI in public forums, including the development of presentations and materials for external audiences and maintain relationships with national and international partners to ensure coordinated activities
- Coordinate and lead internal communication within the team, across teams and globally
- Engage and collaborate with regional and local experts, institutions, and partners to facilitate long-term sustainability of CHAI’s work
Program Management and Mentorship
- Provide direct oversight of one or more program teams; provide support and guidance to junior staff on strategy and project deliverables to achieve team goals
- Develop management capacity and technical expertise of CHAI country and regional staff to augment support to national health programs
- Develop and ensure execution of program budgets and performance indicators in collaboration with program staff and the Benin senior management team
- Lead reporting for the health campaigns programs, working alongside the Benin senior management team to develop programmatic and financial updates
- Work with program teams to develop new program areas, including proposal development and engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Other activities and responsibilities, as needed.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Business Administration or related field strongly preferred, or Bachelor’s degree minimum with exceptional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in management consulting or program management with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership
- Experience conceiving, planning, and executing complex programs or projects with verifiable results
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex processes with multiple influencers, as well as negotiate and achieve consensus
- Demonstrated proficiency working on highly complex problems without extensive structural or operational support
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, connect the dots and act upon technical information and translate scientific knowledge into actionable insights for decision-making
- Proven ability to inspire, mentor and lead teams for consistently high performance
- Strong analytical skills and insight
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong spoken and written French and English, and skill in making persuasive presentations and written reports
- Experience working and communicating with government officials and multilateral organizations
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively scope problems, anticipate and pre-empt emerging issues, and make decisions with conviction even in highly ambiguous contexts
- Experience in technology roll-out
- Knowledge of global infectious disease priorities and understanding of disease surveillance with knowledge of global health issues
- Experience working in fast-paced, output-oriented environments
- Previous experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa