Medical Educaditon Director at LFHC
Lao PDR (Lao )
Lao Friends Hospital for Children (LFHC) is a 61-bed acute pediatric hospital situated in Luang Prabang, Lao PDR. It is operated by the New York based non-profit organization Friends Without A Border that is dedicated to providing high-quality and compassionate healthcare to the children in remote areas of Southeast Asia. In 2015 the hospital was opened on the same campus as the Luang Prabang Provincial Hospital and it has been developing its services since then.
LFHC is a teaching hospital offering emergency, inpatient, outpatient, and surgical services to babies and children throughout Northern Lao. Limited on-site radiology, laboratory, and pharmacy services, together with a homecare program complement these clinical activities. A major goal of this hospital is to promote the clinical learning and professional development of the local staff such that key positions within the hospital are progressively filled by a well-trained and dedicated local workforce.
The Medical Education Director’s (MED) role will focus on three areas – Education, clinical care and mentorship. He/she is in charge of the design, coordination and delivery of training to the LFHC staff, external health workers and students that will induce behavior change on the community and that will then be sustained by the future Laotian experts and leaders.
Duties and responsibilities
• Coordination of medical education departmental activities
• Development, coordination and implementation of Lao physicians training programs (Basic curriculum, ETAT, APLS and others)
· Development, coordination and implementation of hospital delivered pediatric curriculum
Development, coordination and implementation of clinical training for the health worker from the communities
Coordinate on the delivery of medical education to the medical students, pediatric resident, and medical assistant students
Provide a supportive role for the Medical Director for overall quality assurance of care delivered at LFHC
· Train LFHC clinical staff to become highly efficient medical training providers
· Work with the hospital clinical executive members to ensure LFHC has a coordinated multidisciplinary clinical team that provides safe and effective clinical care to children.
· Collaboration with the Nursing Director and Medical director to ensure a team approach to learning
• Collaboration with Outreach and Nursing to develop appropriate patient information pamphlets (written and /pictorial)
• Orientation of and assistance to volunteer/employed physicians in providing medical education to the Lao staff as appropriate to level of physician (residents, fellows, faculty)
• Participation as a member of the leadership team to review significant incidents including critical incidents, morbidity and mortality reviews
• Initiating and supervising appropriate research projects
• Chairs the Institutional Research Board
• Development of medical education policies and procedures
• Provide clinical care in inpatient, emergency and outpatient areas as needed including day and night time coverage
• Other duties as required and discussed with the LFHC executive team
· Participation in the reporting of grants related to the medical and educations activities
Salary and Benefits:
Housing allowance; travel allowance; and salary competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and Health Insurance
Please email a cover letter, resume and three references from past employers to email@example.com
Remark: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.