Individual Giving Officer
INDIVIDUAL GIVING OFFICER
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is ministry of the Society of Jesus, incorporated as an international non-governmental organisation with a mission to accompany, serve, and advocate for the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. The organisation was founded in November 1980 and now has a presence in over 50 countries. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support and guidance of an international office (IO) in Rome. The style of JRS service is human and spiritual, working in situations of greatest need, seeking the long-term well-being of refugees and displaced people while not neglecting their immediate or urgent needs. The main services provided are in the field of education, emergency assistance, and psychosocial support and livelihood activities. Currently, more than 724,000 individuals are direct beneficiaries of JRS projects.
OPERATIONAL CONTEXT / ROLE
The Jesuit Refugee Service’s International Office is seeking an experienced professional to join its Communications and Fundraising team as an Individual Giving Officer. The Individual Giving Officer will report to the Director of Communications and Fundraising to raise private funds to support the work of the organization. This includes responsibility for communication with and stewardship of annual and recurring donors, managing digital fundraising campaigns, coordinating special events, supporting volunteer groups, and managing donor facing aspects of gift processing and acknowledgement. The position requires coordination of elements designed to enhance positive relations with all donors.
- Manage cultivation and stewardship efforts for all individual donors, including monthly, annual, and online donors, and event attendees
- Coordinate closely on gift processing, including management of gift acceptance, creation of accounting batches, signing acknowledgement letters, and managing appropriate online communications
- Manage online giving tools (Fundraise Up, website fundraising pages, social media fundraising tools, etc.)
- Work with Director of Communications and Fundraising and Major Gift Officers to identify and cultivate major donor prospects
- Manage all aspects of direct mail and online solicitations for quarterly appeals to individual donors, including the production of printed and digital content to engage donors with JRS’s mission
- Research, design, and implement new donor recognition and cultivation event opportunities
- Respond to donor inquiries
- Manage special fundraising events and support outreach events as needed
- Coordinate with the Fundraising team to ensure proper entry of gifts and timely acknowledgement
- Collaborate with Communications colleagues to align editorial calendars and ensure fundraising content integrates relevant messages
- Liaise as needed with other JRS offices to develop and exchange common fundraising campaigns
- Support other JRS offices with individual fundraising
- Manage other aspects of donor relationships including receiving and handling donor inquiries, organizing visits, managing event RVSPs, etc.
- Support other initiatives taken on by the Fundraising team as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Minimum of three to five years of fundraising or directly relatable experience. Prior experience with individual giving, annual giving, and/or online giving preferred
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- High level of English is a requirement, and an additional language is preferable (French and/or Spanish)
- The ability to develop and cultivate positive relationships with colleagues, donors, and prospective donors
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail and follow through. Ability to manage time and multiple priorities effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and comfortable with learning new database technology. Experience using Salesforce preferred. Experience in the use of digital fundraising tools (social media Fundraising tools, CMS such as WordPress, online donation tools, payment processors, email marketing tools)
- Familiarity with the Society of Jesus a plus
Core Values and Ethics
- Commitment to JRS’s mission, vision and values; the ability to convey with enthusiasm JRS’s role in accompanying and serving forcibly displaced people and to advocate for their right to protection and a life in dignity;
- High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with people, situations and information;
- Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value.
All applicants are requested to submit the following documents:
1) Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English, including three (3) professional references with contact information, phone and email address.
2) A cover letter describing the candidate’s desire and motivation to work for JRS and how her/his qualifications and experience are a good fit for this position
Please note that due to urgent need, the screening of CVs will be carried out on an ongoing basis and a suitable candidate may be identified prior to the indicated deadline. Therefore, we encourage interested candidates to submit their application at their earliest convenience.
Only pre-screened candidates will be contacted. JRS regrets it cannot respond to all applicants.