Project Assistant (G5)
This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary (ExB) Project “In support of strengthening capacities of Ukrainian authorities in preventing and combating illicit trafficking in weapons, ammunition and explosives in all its aspects”. The post duration is until September 2022 with six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of a National Project Officer, the incumbent will provide administrative, clerical and programmatic support to implement the Extra Budgetary project “Enhancing State Border Guard Service of Ukraine capabilities in combating illicit trafficking of weapons, ammunition and explosives on and across the state border of Ukraine”. In particular, he/she is expected to perform the following tasks:
- assist in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating of programmatic activities within the ExB project, this includes identifying risks and issues affecting the ExB project;
- prepare drafts of all relevant reports, financial and administrative documents, including expenditure reviews, travel and visa, consultancy and other contracts etc., within the ExB project;
- support preparation and execution of programmatic events, such as trainings, exchange programmes conferences and seminars, as well as official and donor visits within the ExB project;
- support liaison with key partners in the Government of Ukraine, international organizations and agencies, international and local experts as well as OSCE institutions within the ExB project;
- raise Procurement Requests in Integrated Resource Management Applications (IRMA), monitor the projects’ implementation rates and spending patterns, and provide recommendations to improve financial planning and monitoring as well as ensure record keeping of the ExB project within the OSCE internal administrative, financial and reporting online systems;
- perform interpretation and translation services from / to Ukrainian, Russian and English language within the ExB project;
- perform other programmatic, analytical and administrative duties as required.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal training in natural and/or social sciences;
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in project management and administration, preferably in international organisations;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Ukrainian;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds. Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Annual salary, subject to social security deductions is EUR 12,352. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://vacancies.osce.org/; the Requisition/Vacancy Number is ECO000014. Please use Google Chrome to ensure the correct display of the website content. The deadline for applications is 24 October 2021. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action, which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.