Project Officer/Communications - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme - UNDP Moldova
The „EU4Moldova: focal regions” Programme (2019-2024) supports intelligent, ecological, inclusive and sustainable social-economic development in the regions of Cahul and Ungheni, to provide to the citizens a better quality of life, the programme has a total budget of € 23 million, it is funded by the European Union and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
- To strengthen transparency, accountability of local public authorities and citizen participation in local governance processes in the pilot micro-regions,
- To improve citizens' access to quality public services and utilities in the pilot micro-regions,
- To create employment opportunities for men and women in the pilot micro-regions and improve the attractiveness of the pilot regions for investors and entrepreneurs,
- To promote the smart specialization of the economy of the pilot micro regions through the development of the clustering and value chain approach in key economic sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Manager and in coordination with the project officers, the Project Officer/ Communication will ensure visibility and manage all aspects of awareness raising and communication of The EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme, in full compliance with the Joint Visibility Guidelines for EC-UN Actions in the Field. The Programme objectives, successes and impacts will be communicated to a large public via print and broadcast media and via high-profile events. The Communication Officer will, under the guidance of the Programme Manager, assume full responsibility for the effective implementation of the communication and visibility activities within The EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme, including coordination of short-term project communication experts.
The Project Officer/ Communication works in close collaboration with the Programme team as well as the team in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/programme-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures. Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tools is a must.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ensures that programmes and projects are consistent with UN/UNDP values.
- Treats peers fairly by maintaining consistent values inspiring trust and confidence through personal credibility.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for the quality of the outcome of his/her decisions.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Focuses on tasks/activities which have a strategic impact on programme and capacity development activities.
- Promotes a supportive environment to enhance partnerships, leverages resources and build support for UNDP’s strategic initiatives.
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to develop him/herself professionally.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with persons from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with senior-level officials of the host government required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Ability to achieve results and meet strict deadlines in an effective manner, maintaining a high quality standard throughout.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Journalism, Communication/Media Studies or other closely related field, international relations or others.
Min. years of relevant Work experience:
- At least three years of experience in media, public relations.
- Experience in developing and implementing media/communications strategies and plans, including organizing awareness campaigns.
Required skills and competencies:
- Good knowledge of the government institutions and PR agencies, news agencies in Moldova and abroad. Knowledge of local development issues would be an asset.
- Records of writing reports, researches, articles and/or blogs.
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), as well as multimedia tools.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian is required.