Information Counselling & Legal Assistance (ICLA) Specialist - Somalia
The purpose of the ICLA Specialist is technical development of the Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) core competency, provide strategic direction and quality assurance, develop and implement the ICLA strategy and quality control. The ICLA Specialist will be responsible for providing capacity building to ICLA staff i.e. mentoring, training and technical assistance.
As the ICLA Specialist you will be expected to:
- Develop ICLA strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs that are aligned with regional and global strategies and priorities;
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends, technical standards and donor priorities;
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within ICLA, and ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation;
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support;
- Contribute to systematic training and capacity building of technical staff in approaches linked to cross cutting themes such as youth, gender, environment and protection etc;
- Contribute to the Institutionalisation of cash-based interventions and market based; programmes though capacity building, guidance and SOP development and interdepartmental engagement;
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
To be successful in this position you should have:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- ICLA core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Please have a look at the full job description by clicking this link.