Strategic Indicators Project Manager (f/m/d)
Vienna (Austria) | Innsbruck
Location: Innsbruck, Vienna/Austria
Duration: limited contract until December 2022
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for children’s rights. We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Purpose of the position
One important pillar to enable regular oversight of strategy progress is the right set of strategic indicators (and supporting indicators) that are mandatory across the federation. Through these indicators, we both measure reach and results of our work. The current set of indicators needs an update; particularly to track work with indirect beneficiaries in family strengthening and alternative care, as well as in the areas of emergency response, education, advocacy, human resources and .
The purpose of the position is to finish the work done by BCG on strategic indicators in January 2020 and to manage the integration of these strategic indicators into our systems. This involves the clarification of beneficiary definitions, refinement of indicators, and bringing them into use through relevant systems and processes. In doing so, key stakeholders need to be engaged, to ensure appropriate participation and effective implementation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the integration of new strategic indicators, to more effectively measure our progress on Strategy 2030
- Plan, implement and keep the project on track, including meeting milestones, managing risks and budget
- Set-up the project team
- Plan and keep project on track by defining the project plan, milestones and relevant stakeholders
- Steer the project implementation, monitor the progress, identify and mitigate risks
- Prepare project reports, collect learnings and insights and feed them into relevant documents and tools
- Manage interfaces with relevant stakeholders involved in, or with an interest in the project
- Support the development of training materials and communication materials
- Provide technical support and capacity building, including provision of trainings and ongoing support where needed, in collaboration with relevant experts
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in business administration, social development, social sciences, economics, finance or statistics
- Minimum of 5 years' work experience in project management
- Project management certification/courses would represent an advantage
- Experience working with data analysis including KPIs
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning background represents an advantage
- Previous work experience within international NGO represents an advantage
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in facilitating workshops or trainings represents an advantage
- Strong English skills (written and verbal). Spanish and/or French would be desirable
- A valid Austrian working permit or eligibility to work within the EU
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed application in English by 21 October at the latest.
Please note that applications will be reviewed and only the suitable candidates will be contacted for interviews on an ongoing basis. The position will remain open until filled.
SOS Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/