Secretary/Administrative Assistant - Cross-divisional
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
1. Carry out general secretarial work for the Staff Committee (STAC) and subsidiary bodies of the Staff Association.
- Register/type and distribute correspondence and documents;
- Notify the members of STAC of meetings and, under the guidance of the Chair, arrange for such meetings and the facilities pertaining thereto, and the preparation and dissemination of relevant documentation in a timely manner; take minutes for record purposes and proofreading.
- Archive all documents and files, including paper and electronic versions, in a central location (currently the Staff Association office and SharePoint);
- Maintain records for new and retired members; and
- Perform any other duties as required.
2. Liaise with staff unions/associations in other organizations, including FICSA members:
- Handle correspondence between STAC and other organizations;
- Reply to general queries from other staff unions and associations; and
- Provide support to STAC by doing background research on topics relevant to the common system, and by collecting information from other staff unions and associations.
3. Assist the Staff Assembly President and STAC with preparations for the Annual Staff Assembly:
- Assist in the preparation of documents and briefs, including proofreading;
- Ensure the timely dissemination of relevant documentation through SharePoint;
- Prepare action points and follow up on their status; and
- Assist in preparation and running of election.
4. Manage the Staff Association shop (physical and online):
- Maintain shop catalogue
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of sales and stocks;
- Ensure that adequate stock levels are maintained;
- Account for and hand over funds received to the STAC Treasurer;
- Research and propose new stock items;
- Manage relations with suppliers and, in consultation with STAC Chair, re-order items as appropriate; and
- Ensure that display cabinets are maintained.
5. Perform other duties, as may be required, including:
- Produce the STAC Newsletters when required;
- Liaise Staff Association membership with new members and retirees;
- Operate staff discount schemes, including ferry bookings;
- Maintain the Staff Association intranet; and
- Organize Staff Association events such as summer barbecue and Christmas fair.