The Division of Information Technology provides support to the IAEA in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), including information systems for technical programmes and management. It is responsible for planning, developing and implementing an ICT strategy, for setting and enforcing common ICT standards throughout the Secretariat and for managing central ICT services. The IAEA's ICT infrastructure comprises hardware and software platforms, and cloud and externally-hosted services. The Division has implemented an IT service management model based on ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and Prince2 (Projects in a Controlled Environment) best practices.
The Business Solutions Section provides information systems development and support services to IAEA programme areas and to the IAEA as a whole.
The Enterprise Software Services Unit (ESSU) provides enterprise software architecture services that serve as foundations for the implementation of management and programmatic solutions.
The Enterprise Systems Solutions Unit within the IT Business Solution Section is seeking a SharePoint / Microsoft 365 Solution Engineer to support the delivery of the following projects\:
• Country Nuclear Power Profiles (CNPP)
• Modernization of the Thermo-physical Properties Database for LWRs and HWRs
The ideal candidate for this consultancy will have a strong background in software engineering and hands-on experience in delivering software solutions based on SharePoint and the Microsoft 365 platform.
The consultant will provide advice and apply their expertise on delivering software solutions aimed at improving business processes and meeting new organizational needs. They will propose technical solution designs that leverage SharePoint/Microsoft 365 platform functionality, require minimal platform customization and adhere to organizational standards. They will advise development teams on the implementation of software solutions, contribute to their implementation and perform technical quality assurance. They will follow a lean/agile approach for software delivery and work with in-house developers, quality engineers, infrastructure experts and security specialists.
Functions / Key Results Expected
1. Develop, estimate, coordinate and deliver software projects.
2. Work with clients to understand business needs and requirements; specify functional, technical and security requirements for software solutions.
3. Architect and design software solutions based on Microsoft 365, SharePoint and Azure.
4. Implement software solutions, co-ordinate acceptance testing, provide user training and prepare technical documentation.
5. Perform technical quality assurance for software solutions, including code quality and security reviews.
6. Provide software maintenance and technical advice for existing software systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field.
A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in the full cycle of software development, preferably using an Agile approach. Of which\:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the delivery of solutions based on SharePoint and the Microsoft 365 platform.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as solutions architect or technical lead on software projects, with an emphasis on defining appropriate solution designs to address clients' business needs, while adhering to organizational standards.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience coordinating software development teams will be considered an asset.
- Experience with code-free customization of out-of-box SharePoint functionality (browser UI, SharePoint Designer etc.)
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
The remuneration for this consultancy is a daily fee of up to a maximum of € 340, based on qualifications and experience. In case duty travel is required within the assignment, a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and travel costs are provided. Health coverage and pension fund are the responsibility of the incumbent.