Administrative Assistant - Maritime Safety Division
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- Provide administrative support to officers in the Maritime Security Section.
- Screen incoming correspondence, attaching background materials and ascertaining priority, maintain a pending file for the Special Advisor and Head of Maritime Security Section’s instructions ensuring that these have been carried out by officers within the Section.
- Prepare correspondence, meeting documents and mission reports. Assist in preparing and updating documents and reports, retrieve documents from the system and maintain a filing system.
- Provide secretarial support for meetings of the Maritime Safety Committee, and associated working and drafting groups under the purview of the Section, including preparation of relevant meeting files, participation lists and reports, and assist officers and delegates during such meetings, as required.
- Reply to enquiries from within and outside the Secretariat regarding the work of the Section and monitor the associated Maritime Security email account. Arrange appointments and receive visitors.
- Insert and maintain entries into the maritime security and piracy and armed robbery modules of the IMO Global Integrated Shipping Information System (GISIS) database.
- Produce tables, graphs, spreadsheets and presentations using MS Office and other software applications.
- Prepare files and background documentation for meetings and missions of the officers in the Section and make travel arrangements.
- Assist in the preparation and proofread manuscripts for technical publications.
- Perform any other duties, as may be required.