Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
M&E Strategy and Design:
- Support program staff to design evidence-based programming and M&E systems that align with the country, regional and global objectives, are relevant to the context, responsive to assessed needs, are measurable and are in compliance with country grant requirements;
- Ensure systems established meet standards as set out in IRC’s global Measurement Framework and support the implementation of IRC’s Outcomes and Evidence Framework (OEF);
- Ensure that all relevant stakeholders have timely access to appropriate information and evidence;
- Undertake continuous assessment of M&E requirements, and based on these, work closely with program leads to facilitate decision-making for real time program adaptation;
- In cooperation with the program leads and Senior M&E officer, ensure that program log frames are realistic, supported by the M&E systems and processes, consistent with the IRC’s library of core outcomes and indicators and, all together, signal progress towards country strategy implementation.
- Provide technical assistance in monitoring program progress including the design of appropriate data collection tools that can track progress and inform learning, planning and implementation of data collections, data management and analysis;
- Support the program teams in reviewing M&E tools, as well as in guiding data collection and analysis as required, including training staff in data collection tools;
- Support program staff in the design (and implementation) of assessments, which may include gender analysis, stakeholder analysis, beneficiary targeting and other pre-program data collection and analysis;
- Support program teams in design and implementation of surveys, ensuring use of appropriate methodologies, questionnaire design, training of interviewers, data collection, and data analysis;
- Contribute to donor proposals and reports, through quality analysis and interpretation of data, as well as design and review of log frames/results frameworks;
- Provide technical assistance to sector programs in the development and review of M&E and data analysis plans, including the effective use of data collected in regular data review meetings;
- Ensure consistency of indicators across all programs as appropriate, maintaining a bank of program indicators;
- Work with senior management to identify strategic opportunities for external and internal evaluations, case and impact studies;
- Ensure that IRC meets its internal and external accountability commitments through the development and implementation of accountability mechanisms appropriate for the rapidly evolving context, and including a beneficiary feedback and response mechanism utilized by program teams;
- Promote an environment of best practice and knowledge sharing between programs and within programs between different offices.
- Support program teams to develop strong project databases, tracking, record keeping and filing methodologies for all activities;
- Promote and strengthen the understanding of the importance of M&E within the country team and with program partners, as appropriate, including through staff trainings, and the use and /or analysis of M&E systems during program design and implementation;
- Conduct field monitoring visits and provide regular feedback to project teams.
Other duties that may be assigned by supervisor