Regional Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) Digital Specialist
South Africa (South Africa)
Post Number : 6ZAED0012PA
Grade : P-3
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: South Africa
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 22-OCT-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Initial duration of the contract is for 1 year, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The position falls under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education, guidance from the Director of the UNESCO Regional Office for Southern Africa, and the direct supervision of the Team Leader (Education for Health and Well-being). The Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) Digital Specialist will be responsible for developing, enhancing and monitoring the Education for Health and Wellbeing’s (EHW) digital infrastructure. The incumbent will conceptualize and design digital solutions within the “Our Rights, Our Lives, Our Future” (O3) and “Our Rights, Our Lives, Our Future” Plus (O3 Plus) Programmes, supported by Sweden among other donors. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for the following:Long Description
Digital Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) and Services Innovation
- Lead efforts to conceptualize and expand access to CSE and services through various digital platforms.
- Establish interactive digital platforms to be used across the O3Programme and O3PLUS implementation e.g. teacher training, health workers, PCC, Religious Leaders Toolkit, etc.
- Monitor best practices and trends in emerging technologies and proactively research, recommend and develop/adapt/implement technologically innovative appropriate solutions to enhance delivery of CSE and services.
- Liaise with colleagues across the region to understand needs and gather requirements for appropriate innovative digital solutions and provide support on solutions.
Regional Learning Platform Administration
- Support the effective implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Regional Learning Platform and all supporting tools, courses (Regional CSE Course), and technologies, roles, users, security, internal system notifications and other instructional technology user accounts.
- Manage the testing and evaluation of new features and tools that integrate with the Regional Learning Platform.
- Create systems and workflows to ensure that all Regional CSE course resources are properly set up and available.
- Provide help resources and training for course facilitators and participants, including instructional videos, how-to guides, and FAQs related to the usage of the Regional Learning Platform.
- Establish and configure the Platform’s Learning Management System, including contributing to design and development of new courses, and updating and translation of the existing Regional CSE course.
- Track usage of the Regional Learning Platform system features to provide reports on trends, create, and execute a plan to address any issues and respond to trends.
Website and Social Media Management
- Support on-going management and user testing of the young people today website.
- Design and Maintain the ESA Commitment dashboard, a statistical tool that visualizes research and data showing progress of the ESA Commitment against problems facing the East and Southern Africa Region.
- Work closely with the Communications Officer to ensure that the YPT website is kept up to date and has a dynamic look and feel for key audiences identified.
- Support the Communications Officer in the development of media graphics, as well as the running of the backend of the O3 Programme and O3PLUS social media sites.
Development and Maintenance of Country and Regional Chatbot
- Provide technical support in the current expansion of the Dzidzo paDen | Imfund’wendhlini Chatbot to include more academic levels and learning content.
- Support the development of a regional chatbot under the O3PLUS that will have content on CSE and services.
- Support the design and development of other required regional applications for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) under the O3 PLUS Programme
- An advanced university degree (Master's or equivalent) in Computer Science, Instructional or Educational Technology, Digital Innovation or relevant Social Sciences fields.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional work experience in the learning design and development field, of which preferably 2 years acquired at international level.
- Experience in working with diverse institutions, such as civil society, multi-lateral agencies, and non-government organizations.
- Experience in design and development of user-centric applications and administration of online learning in a health education environment.
Skills and competencies
- High-level understanding of emerging web technologies and user experience design.
- Advanced proficiency in web application and web services development.
- Advanced proficiency in administration of Learning Management Systems.
- Strong technical skills in graphic design.
- Proven knowledge of HIV, health education, and/or public health.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, including ability to develop and maintain collaborative relations with various stakeholders.
- Ability to think critically, with a strong innovation orientation.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver to deadline, as well as work under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge (oral and written) of English.
- Working knowledge of French.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.