Strategic Planning Consultant
Mexico City (Mexico)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Mexico since 2019 and has been implementing program in currently operates in five core programing areas – Protection, WPE , MHPSS, Legal and ERD.IRC headquarters Mexico Citywith field offices inCuidad Juarez and Tapachula and alsp maintain several satellite offices across the country.IRC in Mexico is currently expanding with new grants and programming including response to Afghan refugee crises.
Reporting to the Country Director and the Deputy Director of Programs, the Strategic Planning Consultant is responsible for managing the project to develop the Strategic Action Plan (SAP) of IRC Mexico. This is a coordination position that will ensure the correct implementation of the planned activities, as well as the necessary resources to develop the products identified as part of the SAP. Additionally, the consultant will be responsible for integrating the SAP document, including analyzing, drafting, and editing the final products. Finally, the consultant will be a facilitator of participative processes to ensure the views and perspectives from the country program staff are taken into account.
SAP Start-Up and Planning
- Support country teams to absorb and unpack SAP development guidance & template
- Support country team to develop SAP development workplan, ensuring that focal points are assigned and clear on their role, timelines for deliverables are clear, etc.
- Ensure the initial Reflection & Scoping meeting is well coordinated and documented with SMT and other SAP team members
- Support country team to identify/name the conflicts and/or crises they will be exploring – together with other SAP support team members, such as governance TA, other technical support person(s)
- Alongside other members of SAP support team, support country team to develop their data collection plan for the Part 1 Context Analysis (ensuring that engagement efforts are targeted and specifically aimed at filling in knowledge gaps)
- Alongside other members of SAP support team, support contextualization of data collection tools
- Alongside other members of SAP support team, support training of staff to carry out primary data collection (ensuring they understand how to conduct KIIs and FGDs)
- Manage the SAP workplan through the SAP development process
- Collate the information that is coming in from Part 1 Context Analysis steps; form recommendations of key emerging areas/trends as requested
- Collate the decisions from Part 2 process (often resulting from remote or in-person decision-making workshops)
- Support the set up and facilitation of a Data Synthesis meeting (towards end of Part 1 Context Analysis) and Decision-Making workshop(s) (at beginning of Part 2) as requested
- Bring a critical lens to each discussion to ensure that the IRC is asking strategic questions, questioning the status quo, and driving towards an articulation of the key changes/shifts we want to achieve in the country to drive impact for clients
- Preparing draft deliverables and next steps based on workshop notes/activities
- Support with final drafting of the SAP in PPT template, as requested
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct.These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Narrowing the Gender Gap: The International Rescue Committee is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including a flexible hour (when possible), maternity leave, transportation support, and gender-sensitive security protocols.