Hummingbird Program Specialist for Cross References
New York City (United States of America)
Job Overview: Under supervision of the Program Coordinator, Quality Assurance, manually monitor and provide quality control checks on cross referenced cases to confirm assurance to the same affiliate. Ensure services are provided in compliance with contract requirements and reports are completed in a timely manner. Confirm timely, professional, and complete interactions with stakeholders and provide timely reports on a regular basis.
Hummingbird is a cloud-based case management system supported by ServiceNow on the Department of State (DOS) network which can be accessed at: https://seirmprod.servicenowservices.com/hb. The Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration Office of Admissions’ (PRM/A) Refugee Processing Center (RPC) and DOS/IRM support the design and development of this application, with input from PRM/A’s NGO partner, the International Rescue Committee (IRC). Hummingbird stores SIV applicant and parolee data and is used to track applicants through applicable stages of case processing at US military bases. In Hummingbird, authorized users can view case information and applicant biodata, update and track completion of various processing activities on base, and use the searching and filtering capabilities to produce reports.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manually monitor cross-referenced cases to confirm assurance to the same affiliate
- Provide quality control checks on all cross-referenced cases
- Provide timely reports on a regular basis
- Satisfy overall recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Ability to travel to sites as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study preferred.
- Relevant professional experience in human services field required; minimum of 1-3 years’ experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality.
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- Domestic (non-local) travel may be required
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.