Senior Coordinator, WISH2ACTION
Job Overview: WISH2ACTION is a comprehensive, integrated approach to ensure equitable access to family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), prioritising the most underserved women and girls, particularly youth under 20, the very poor, and marginalized populations (including people with disabilities, people displaced or affected by humanitarian crisis, and people living in hard-to-reach areas). IRC is an implementing partner in the WISH2ACTION project and will be responsible for delivering contraceptive services as part of a package of sexual and reproductive health, to women and girls in Somalia, South Sudan, and in refugee settings in Ethiopia and Kenya.
Based in IRC’s International Hub (I-Hub) office in Nairobi, the Senior Coordinator, WISH2ACTION will be responsible for ensuring effective coordination of internal and external stakeholders and monitoring of WISH2ACTION project performance. The Senior Coordinator will ensure that IRC’s component of WISH2ACTION is implemented in accordance with FCDO regulations, IRC policies and international standards of delivering integrated sexual and reproductive health programs. To achieve these goals, the Senior Coordinator will manage and monitor work plans and deliverables, track spending, identify technical support needs and deploy relevant advisors and specialists to the country programs. The Senior Coordinator will serve as the main focal point for IRC for the project for internal and external representation and manage staff members providing measurement and grants related aspects of project delivery.
Project Management and Monitoring
- Work with IRC country program staff to develop and actively track project work plans
- Closely monitor overall program quality and performance in terms of data measurement, spend rate on budgets, staffing at country level, on-time delivery of reports and other products.
- Coordinate deployment of technical and measurement staff to provide remote and in-country support to country programs in achieving project deliverables country programs to staff
- Act as the singular focal point for regular updates to relevant IRC internal stakeholders, including regional leadership, international programs department (IPD) leadership, and program quality unit (PQU) leadership
- Directly manage two regional staff supporting the WISH2ACTION program
Technical Assistance and quality assurance
- Provide remote and in-person technical assistance to IRC country program teams to improve WISH2ACTION program quality and performance
- Review WISH2ACTION performance regularly with IRC country program staff and make recommendations for project course correction
- Provide recommendations to country program teams on quality improvement for the WISH2ACTION program
- Collaborate with health technical advisors to share experiences and lessons learned from WISH2ACTION to improve health program quality
Partner Coordination and Representation
- Serve as the focal point with WISH2ACTION consortium partners to develop joint work plans and share IRC-specific progress and lessons learned
- Represent the IRC at consortium-level meetings and in presenting project results to external actors
- Coordinate the production of all narrative reports from IRC country teams team and provide feedback to improve product quality, accuracy, and style
- Ensure high quality, timely and coherent reporting, both financial and narrative to the consortium lead
·A minimum of 5 years’ experience in public health project management, including at least two years managing a project of similar size and complexity in a developing country setting, preference for work experience in East Africa
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
·Previous experience leading a large donor-funded project with strict deliverables and compliance requirements, preference for previous FCDO project management experience
·Excellence in monitoring and evaluation of public health programs and program management including knowledge of budgeting principles and donor reporting
·Demonstrated knowledge of sexual and reproductive health programs, especially family planning programs in resource-limited settings
·Demonstrated experience in project design, proposal development and reporting
·Ability to work with remote, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams
·Excellence in writing and presentation
·Facilitation skills: ability to organize and executive workshops with multiple stakeholders and achieve desired outputs
Education: Master of Public health or equivalent.
Language Skills: Fluency in English
Certificates or Licenses:
- Standard office working environment
·Some international travel as needed up to 30%
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.#LI_GR1