National Consultant: National Technical Assistance to support the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport to review departmental summaries and generic job descriptions, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Phnom Penh, Cambodia is looking to hire a national professional to assignment is support the Department of Personnel to implement the Functional Review recommendations focusing on revising the departmental summaries as well as the generic job descriptions of six positions at MoEYS central level. This assignment will help DoPers to have: • Final drafts of Job Descriptions and Job Specifications (JD&JS) for senior management, middle management and junior management; and • Final drafts of departmental summaries for all General Departments and Departments within MoEYS More details are available below in the work assignment section of the TOR. This national assistant will work in close collaboration with an international consultant to complete the assignment. If you are passionate about making a lasting difference for children in Cambodia, UNICEF would like to hear from you.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, education.
UNICEF started operation in Cambodia in 1952 and opened first country office in 1973 in Phnom Penh. More information on what we do in Cambodia is available at https://www.unicef.org/cambodia/.
How can you make a difference?
The objective of the assignment is to support the Department of Personnel to implement the Functional Review recommendations focusing on revising the departmental summaries as well as the generic job descriptions of six positions at MoEYS central level. This assignment will help DoPers to have:
- Final drafts of Job Descriptions and Job Specifications (JD&JS) for senior management, middle management and junior management; and
- Final drafts of departmental summaries for all General Departments and Departments within MoEYS
More details are available below in the work assignment section of the TOR. This national assistant will work in close collaboration with an international consultant to complete the assignment.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in education, economics, public administration, public policy, human resource development, social policy, international development, or similar field.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in human resources management, preferably within the Cambodian context.
- Familiarity with the education sector in Cambodia and MoEYS policies and programs, including human resource management, HR system and personnel reform in the sector.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a participatory and inclusive manner, especially in stakeholder consultation and involvement.
- Ability to provide in-depth local context on the assignment in term suitability and adaptability to local conditions.
- Proven ability to provide accurate translations of professional written documents and on-the-spot interpretation (English-Khmer-English) during interviews, presentations and discussions.
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and diplomatically with government staff
- Excellent command of English and Khmer, including writing, presentation,
- Translation/interpretation (English-Khmer-English) skills are required
- Ability to engage in substantive technical discussion with all stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and to establish harmonious and effective working relationship, in the workplace
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a multicultural environment, including the ability to integrate feedback of team members and stakeholders; and
- Demonstrated track record of timely delivery of similar assignments.
Please find the details term of reference for this assignment ToR Nat TA Review Department Summaries TMS.pdf
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.