Supply Chain Manager- Logistics
Reporting to the Supply Chain Coordinator, the Supply Chain Manager- Logistics is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all transport, fleet, Warehousing and equipment management functions for IRC’s office location. The position will also be responsible for the standardization of policies, reporting, contract managements , Administration and good fleet and warehousing practices across all the field sites and will require regular travel to provide technical support to the field-based fleet management and warehouse staff.
- Support the development of travel policies procedures and programs and ensure compliance in all aspects of travel procedures
- Oversight of all travel arrangements and operations
- Manage relationships with travel agencies and vendors
- Participate in Travel service Provider Sourcing and negotiating contracts or rates with travel service providers
- Provide advice on travel documents, insurance, import/export regulations etc.
- Drive continuous improvement of travel programs
- Manage Travel Contracts to ensure compliance with contract service level agreements (SLA)
- Work with the Supply Chain Coordinator to analyses operational / programme needs for transport and plan appropriate fleet size;
- Prepare an annual fleet plan (including budget needed) and a vehicle disposal / replacement plan;
- Prepare and manage Fleet movement plans including Vehicle scheduling and Requisition process
- Ensure the implementation of IRC fleet management standards;
- Managing HF and VHF radios to ensure that they are in a serviceable condition
- Ensure that Customs clearance procedures are effectively coordinated and concluded
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with IRC policies and vision
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
- Contact management and follow up to ensure timely implementation and renewals
- Ensure that vehicles are properly registered and have TPL insurance according to the rules and regulations of the country;
- Establish mechanisms to check that vehicles are roadworthy at regular intervals;
- Ensure timely and effective Vehicle Maintenance and repair management by identifying quality garages, supporting establishment of contracts with pre-approved garages, establishing quality control mechanisms, and undertaking performance reviews at a regular basis.
- Oversee and ensure that maintenance has taken place and validate maintenance invoices before payment process;
- Perform Vehicle management cost analysis and suggest improvements to reduce waste and minimize vehicle cost
- Manage vehicle safety by ensuring that safety procedures are adhered to by all vehicle users
- Implement Motor bike Management Process
- Participate in Vehicle and car hire service providers sourcing and negotiating contracts or rates with vehicle hire service providers
- Monitor vehicle fuel consumption and identify innovative ways to reduce fuel consumption;
You will make sure:
- Appropriate generators are procured whenever required
- Generator Operation is done in accordance with the operation guidelines and procedures
- Generators are maintained in good working conditions in accordance to IRC generator maintenance and Repair policy
- That generator fuel consumption is well monitored and identify innovative ways to reduce fuel consumption
The position holder will:
- Ensure that fleet ,warehousing and travel is captured in the management reports and presented in timely manner.
- Analyze the data, and prepare and submit accurate Fleet, traveland warehousing to supervisor on time as per donor regulations.
Legal and Compliance
- Based on management data and information identify, suggest and implement actions that lead to improved efficiency and effectiveness of the fleet , warehouse as well as reduce the risk associated with operations .
- Ensure all staff (international and national) are familiar and comply fully with the IRC Fleet policies and procedures
- Identify, document and timely report any IRC policy deviations following the mechanism in place for appropriate follow up.
- Develop and support implementation of improvement plans.
- Promptly Inform the Supply Chain coordinator any areas of concern or potential or suspected Fleet policy violations.
- Provide constructive support to all vehicle users to ensure effective, compliance to Fleet policies & procedures.
- Review and provide feedback on assigned audit findings submitted to your country office and implement discrete, time-bound Fleet and asset management initiatives which improve performance or compliance (i.e. implementing post-audit corrective action plan);
- To ensure that the necessary Warehouse and Assets activities are effected for all projects.
- Where necessary, to manage, or support, the development and proper functioning of any project office deemed necessary to support the program
- To familiarize yourself with the IRC Global Supply Chain Manual for warehouse and Assets and comply with the policies outlined in the Manual in terms of the documentation, policies and procedures.
- To complete required reports and submit weekly and monthly logistic reports in good time to the Supply chain coordinator.
Key Working Relationships:
Position directly supervises Transport and Warehouse functions.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regular relationships with program staff, Operations, and country Supply Chain staff at all levels,