- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
Through the prioritized implementation of high impact public health interventions like immunization, access to safe drinking water, improved neo-natal and infant care and access to effective treatment for pneumonia and diarrhea, India has reduced its infant mortality rate (IMR) from 89 in 1990 to 32 in 2017 and Under-five Mortality Rate (U5MR) from 126 in 1990 to 39 in 2017. India’s Universal Immunization Program (UIP) is one of the largest public immunization programs in the world. It caters to 26 million infants and 30 million pregnant women annually through 9 million planned sessions. The program provides access to vaccines against 11 Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPDs) at the national level and two additional vaccines against VPDs at the sub-national level.
Under the strong leadership of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) and state governments, the entire immunization ecosystem has demonstrated proactive commitment for achieving universal immunization coverage in the country in recent years. Strategic projects in this direction include but are not limited to introduction of new vaccines, rolling out of data systems, strengthening of national immunization centres such as Immunization Technical Support Unit (ITSU) and National Cold Chain & Vaccines Management Resource Centre (NCCVMRC) and successful piloting of initiatives for bolstering health worker capacity building. Coupled with these initiatives, MoHFW launched Mission Indradhanush (MI) in 2014 and Intensified Mission Indradhanush (iMI) in 2017: catch up and system strengthening campaigns to target underserved, vulnerable, resistant, and inaccessible populations. iMI has resulted in an increase of 6.7% in full immunization coverage (FIC) after the first two phases in prioritized districts. However, the government and partners recognize the need for further efforts in this direction to reduce the 802,000 infant deaths and 989,000 under-five deaths that occur annually in the country.
Madhya Pradesh, the fifth most populous state of the country, contributes to about 8% (~2 million) of India’s annual birth cohort of 26 million children. Government of Madhya Pradesh has shown great commitment for increasing immunization coverage, wherein the immunization coverage (FIC) has increased to 54% (NFHS-4) in 2015-16 from ~43% (NFHS-3) in 2005-06. Additionally, recent surveys post targeted catch-up campaigns like Mission Indradhanush (MI) and Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) show an average increase of 26% in immunization coverage across MP’s 14 IMI districts from 46% in 2015-16 (NFHS-4) to 72.4% in 2018. Over the years, inequities in immunization coverage across socio-economic groups in the state have reduced but are still high. Government of Madhya Pradesh (GoMP) aims to achieve 90% full immunization coverage (FIC) across the state, sustain the coverage across age group cohorts and strengthen health systems for improving long term immunization outcomes.
CHAI in partnership with its India affiliate, William J. Clinton Foundation's (WJCF) has been working in India since 2004 in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the central and state levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently, CHAI/WJCF programs, supports government initiatives on HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, cancer, immunization, and health financing. Additionally, CHAI/WJCF supports many state governments on large-scale programs to arrest childhood and maternal mortality due to malnutrition, anemia, diarrhea and pneumonia, and helping increase access to quality family planning services.
CHAI/WJCF’s India immunization program supports the MoHFW’s UIP at the national level and in the focus states of Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, and Uttar Pradesh. CHAI/WJCF provides catalytic support to NCCVMRC, based out of National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NIHFW), on national projects for improving availability and efficacy of vaccines and efficiency of vaccines systems. CHAI/WJCF also supports national and state governments on broader operational aspects such as planning, capacity building and systems improvements for immunization service delivery.
In Madhya Pradesh, CHAI/WJCF is providing catalytic support to GoMP for achieving and sustaining 90% FIC through targeted efforts in strengthening service delivery in 2 focus districts and building scale up strategies of the proven and effective interventions to ensure the successful translation of social impact at state level. CHAI is helping in setting up effective program management & review mechanisms, identifying pressing challenges as well as best practices in RI, enhancing impact of well performing interventions, developing & deploying effective solutions to pressing challenges and undertaking multi-year planning for long term immunization systems strengthening.
The Immunization program is looking for an Analyst who can work closely with program leadership to support GoMP in improving uptake of data systems, and designing new initiatives for Immunization coverage improvement. CHAI seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding analytical skills, problem-solving ability, and communication skills. The Analyst must be able to function independently, be comfortable working with cross-functional teams, be flexible, and have a strong commitment to excellence. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Closely work with MP state RI cell and health leadership to ensure state level preparedness, planning and monitoring support for various coverage and delivery aspects for COVID-19 vaccine introduction
- Support GoMP state RI cell/National Health Mission in planning and executing regular program reviews with districts including action planning and follow-up
- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support RI cell in program management
- Support GoMP/RI cell in responding to and complying with MoHFW & GoMP priorities and guidelines effectively and in a timely fashion
- Support capacity building of key functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery
- Build effective and functional relationships with immunization partners in the state to identify synergies
- Development of reports, presentations & templates for effective use by state RI cell and Health leadership to monitor COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign, and routine immunization strengthening
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership, and travel on short notice to various parts of the state and often to national destinations as well.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in management, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics, operations research, economics, public health, or allied areas.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Management Consulting, Public Health, Analytics, Public Policy/Administration, or allied areas.
- Proven expertise in a result driven environment, in the public and/or private sector.
- Ability to navigate complex government processes and influence decision-making in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment.
- Excellent structured oral and written communication ability.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Exposure to data visualisation tools such as TABLEAU/POWER BI, etc. will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English & Hindi.
- Strong experience in management consulting with highly reputed consulting firms.
- Significant government stakeholder management experience would be a strong positive.
- Development or Social sector consulting experience.
- Expertise in data analytics for problem solving.
- Strong understanding of public health/immunization context.