Procurement and Logistics Coordinator
Khartoum (Sudan) | Sudan
General Background of the Programme
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL has been working in Sudan since 1985, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
GOAL is currently working in 4 states in 12 localities. Working directly in North Darfur and South Kordofan States and through national partners in Kassala and Gedarif states. North Darfur (Direct implementation) in Kutum, Umbaro, and Seref Umera with main coordination office in El Fashir. In South Kordofan (Direct Implementation) in Dillinge, Habilla, Abu Karshola, RASHAD, Abu Jabeha and Talodi as well as coordination office in Kadugli. The current GOAL programmes focus on four main sectors: Primary Health Care, Nutrition, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL). **
Procurement and Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for managing and overseeing the Procurement and Logistics Functions of the whole GOAL Sudan programme:
- Procurement must follow GOAL and/or donor guidelines.
- Warehouses must be secure, with stock properly recorded and accounted for
- Assets must be properly recorded and tracked.
- Fleet must be safe, properly used and fully reported on
- Distributions must be properly planned and resourced, with supplies delivered on time every time.
Responsible and accountable for all supply chain related activities with respect to the following tasks:
- Coordinating the procurement activities for North Darfur and South Kordofan. Providing technical guidance to procurement managers in collaboration with the field coordinators and Area Coordinators.
- Carry out all international procurements (including procurement of medicines, medical equipment) from start to finish.
- Oversee and manage all national (including head office level) procurements and ensure they are in line with programme requirements, GOAL procurement policies, processes and quality standards.
Logistics (Stock, Fleet, Asset)
- Coordinating the logistics activities for all locations. Providing technical guidance to logistic managers in collaboration with the field coordinators and Area Coordinators.
- Supervising and providing a logistical support to the different GOAL bases and projects in collaboration with the logistic managers
- Ensure that the countrywide logistic department is adequately staffed, liaising with Area Coordinators on needs assessment and ACDS on budgetary implications
- Supporting the ACDS on budget proposals
- Ensure that GOAL standard procedures are in place for stock management at all levels (stock cards, waybills, stock requests, inventories) specific focus on medical warehousing. New stock manual recently launched to be followed.
- Ensure goods transportation means are secured as per needs (KHT to field).
Fleet and transportation:
- Ensure that GOAL standard procedures are in place for Fleet management at all levels. Recently updated Global Fleet Manual to be implemented fully with capacity building of same.
- Support field offices in maintaining efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movements follow-up tools.
- Control & optimize fleet costs by ensuring that the GOAL online fleet ap is up to date and monitored.
Ensure that GOAL standard procedures are in place for Asset management at all levels.
Support the field offices in maintaining an up-to-date asset inventory, including proper asset labelling; investigate and document any loss or damage.
Manage random asset inventories to check the monthly asset follow-up reliability and take the needed corrective actions.
Human Resources Management
- Jointly with Systems Director, manage performance of procurement and logistic personnel in accordance with GOAL HR policy: including recruitment, evaluation, annual leave planning and other managerial duties.
- Coach procurement and logistics personnel on best practice and GOAL's logistics procedures. Ensuring that all manuals and tool kits are adhered to.
- Provide in-house training to all field offices periodically.
- Perform any other relevant duties as directed by Systems Director.
Interested candidates please send all the necessary information via the link: