Child Protection Coordinator (Head of Program) - Beirut
The Child Protection Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the overall child protection (CP) program in its three main program components: Street and Working Children Program, Child Protection Coaching Program and Access to Justice for children. The CP Coordinator, a member of the IRC Lebanon Country Leadership Team, is be responsible for the implementation and quality of IRC’s CP program, driving the IRC’s CP strategy, representation at relevant national level working groups and task force, donor liaison and working with other IRC programs, including the Women’s Protection & Empowerment (WPE), Education, Protection and Rule of Law and Economic Recovery and Development, to ensure comprehensive and coherent response for refugees and host communities.
Strategy and business development
- Lead on defining comprehensive and adaptive IRC Child Protection sector strategy for Lebanon;
- Identify opportunities for, design and develop concept notes and proposals for further child protection programming Develop and/or input into child protection assessments and reporting analysis for the purpose of program development;
- Promoting a culture of effective and collaborative partnerships for the Child Protection Sector.
Program Oversight and Implementation
- Ensure that all interventions are in compliance with the IRC Lebanon’s Strategic Action Plan (SAP), international CP standards and national policie;
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical and management support to CP programs in Lebanon;
- Lead program/project design processes that ensure new or adapted programming to foster efficiencies, increase impact and favors integrated approaches with IRC programs;
- Supervise and provide technical support to CP team and Partner organizations to implement activities to a high quality standard;
- In collaboration with Managers, ensure smooth management of project work plans and budgets (budget forecasting, development of spending plans and budget follow-up), timely recruitment, and accurate reporting in accordance with IRC and donor regulations; the position has budget management responsibilities;
- Review progress in achieving program objectives and targets in collaboration with the senior program managers;
- Work closely with the Grants Unit to ensure quality reporting and donor compliance and competitive proposal development;
- Liaise with Technical Advisors on a regular basis to ensure technical assistance is provided when needed and program approaches are in line with IRC’s best practices;
- Ensure the implementation of existing M&E systems, provide guidance where needed to improve the effectiveness of these systems and work to ensure output and impact data are captured and used to optimize program quality and identify efficiencies;
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required.
- Ensure that all IRC CP projects are implemented according to global child protection standards and following consultation with the CP Technical Advisor;
- Conduct ongoing assessments to determine the child protection needs of the target areas;
- Supervise and provide technical support to the team in the implementation of child protection activities, particularly regarding the implementation of case management and parenting skills training in accordance with international child protection standards;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of integrated programming approaches that serve the needs of beneficiaries across the range of sectors in which the IRC works;
- Monitor and evaluate appropriate implementation of technical projects against program objectives and IRC’s Program Framework.
Partnerships, Coordination and Representation
- As relevant, develop, maintain and/or initiate partnerships with community-based organizations, international and national NGOs, UN Agencies, potential and current donors and relevant Government Ministries to support IRC programming;
- Represent the IRC at CP-related coordination meetings, ensuring proper dissemination of information among relevant partners, donors and relevant government institutions;
- Develop and maintain effective coordination and long-term relationships with external parties in line with IRC strategy;
- Support organizing and facilitating field visits for partners, donors and others interested in IRC’s CP programming in Lebanon.
HR & Staff Capacity Building
- Assist in the selection and recruitment of qualified staff in the CP team;
- Discuss job expectations, set objectives and provide appropriate and timely feedback regarding performance, including timely implementation of the annual staff performance management system;
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
- Overall responsibility for staff timesheets, work plans, vacation schedules, and staff training/development activities;
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures.
- Feed into the development of national, regional and global advocacy outputs as appropriate;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Deputy Director for ProgramsPosition directly supervises: 5 staff members