Emergency Response Roving Finance Coordinator
South Sudan (South Sudan)
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is at the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer and from there we go into our work empowered to make a difference in the world. Our teams are full of passionate people who want to work with excellence and serve to make an eternal impact.
A day in the life of a Roving Finance Coordinator in South Sudan
The Emergency Response Roving Finance Coordinator (ERRFC) provides support to financial management and is the field focal point of financial policies to ensure effective resource utilization and risk mitigation. The ERRFC is responsible for coordinating and implementing all financial procedures in daily operations of administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping, invoicing, and payroll.
- Reviews and verifies financial transactions for Samaritan’s Purse field operations including vouchers, Field Expense Reports, cash advances, transfers, etc.
- Provides training and support to programs, logistics, and human resources staff with regard to financial policies, practices, and related areas as required.
- Supervises and assures performance of daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintenance of cash and bank ledgers, monitoring of cash advances and field expense reports, reconciling cash on hand, and monthly bank reconciliation. Posts ledgers and field expense report for all locations.
- Assists with all audits and auditors in collaboration with field leadership to ensure compliance with Samaritan’s Purse and donor requirements. Ensures documents are consolidated, complete and accurate
- Maintains the purchase invoices and cash disbursements on the payment tracker in coordination with the Operations team.
- Creates Journal Entries for any correction from cash advances, field expense report, project activity report, fuel allocation, Mission Aviation Services allocation and shared direct costs.
- Identifies areas for financial and administrative improvement and works to implement feasible improvements.
- Covers the Emergency Response Finance Manager when on leave.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in accounting, finance, or related field of study. 2+ years of progressive financial management experience in a complex, dynamic environment such as a nonprofit organization with operating budgets, diverse funding streams, and substantial financial and material assets (preferred). CPA, MA, or equivalent certification. Experience with grants management and foreign currencies. Experience working and living overseas (preferred) with ability to be flexible and adaptable; or equivalent combination of accounting education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of financial management, impeccable attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, ability to delegate effectively, and supervisory skills. Proven ability to work creatively and independently. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Diplomatic, encouraging, and demonstrates concern for the spiritual well-being of the team.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in high-stress environments.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure.
- Thorough proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Thorough mathematical, analytical, and reasoning abilities.
Job Location: Juba, South Sudan
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied (no spouses or dependents)
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required). Strong English oral and language writing skills, and demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and proposal inputs on short deadlines.
Travel Expectations: Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects. Maintaining required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary.
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritans Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritans Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritans Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing Gods love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.