South Sudan (South Sudan)
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is at the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer and from there we go into our work empowered to make a difference in the world. Our teams are full of passionate people who want to work with excellence and serve to make an eternal impact.
A day in the life of a Field Accountant in Juba
This Field Accountant is responsible for implementing and coordinating all financial and budgetary aspects of programs as assigned in South Sudan; responsible for administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping and payroll related to the specific programs and projects as assigned. This position plays a vital role to ensure smooth communication, adherence to policy, and high levels of integrity for the ministry.
Job Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Finance Manager as assigned.
- Review practices at bases while substituting to ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance Samaritan’s Purse field accounting policies.
- Review and ensure accuracy of financial transactions for Samaritan’s Purse field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.).
- Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with fellow financial staff and the Finance Manager, serving as a window to the field for the Finance Manager and an easily accessible resource for accountants in the field.
- Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement and work to implement feasible improvements.
- Provide support to Base Manager and/or Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelors degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in finance or related field and one to two (1-2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Job Location: Juba, South Sudan
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied
Language Requirement: English Fluency Required
Travel Expectations: Frequent travel to field locations.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritans Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritans Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritans Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing Gods love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.