Casework Assistant (National Position)
The IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for United States resettlement, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and Sudan. Since 2005, RSC Asia has resettled over 180,000 refugees to the United States.
Based in Bangkok with field offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (RSC Asia) is funded by the US State Department Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) to assist persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement to the United States. Responsible for a portfolio of 37 countries, the RSC: prepares refugee applications for the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) using START (a State Department–managed data system that supports the arrival and resettlement of refugees through technology); provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees; and offers cultural orientation training to refugees bound for the United States.
The Casework Assistant (CWA) is responsible for assisting during RSC Prescreening and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Interviews in collecting biodata, taking photographs, statistics and reporting, scanning and inputting case file information into START.
• Responsible for the daily tracking of refugee case files
• Document case file statuses and statistics
• Assist casework staff in the accurate preparation and verification of refugee case files
• Scan and attach all refugee documents into START
• Oversee photo operations in the field to ensure accurate, high standard photos are taken of each refugee applicant
• Monitor the prescreening photo stations and ensures photo quality, archiving and tracking
• Assist in the organization of interpreter timesheets and relevant payment documents
• Perform other duties as assigned, in line with the job scope
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Casework Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Casework Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: IRC Thailand Staff
External: UNHCR, IOM, Other