Silver Spring (United States of America)
The Finance Assistant is responsible for essential accounting functions including accounts payable and receivable support, report reconciliation, fund tracking, month-end, and adjusting journal entries.This position supports Baltimore functions.This is a full-time, non-exempt position, reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Process client direct assistance payments weekly in prepaid card platform.
- Review entries made in financial system by staff in Baltimore for accuracy; submit through workflow and post.
- Review weekly flex spending report in Baltimore for R&P and MG and work with caseworkers to resolve any discrepancies
- Prepare monthly Time & Effort reports, send to staff for signature, collect and file
- Post deposits in financial system
- Void checks as needed
- Assist with annual internal and external audit inquiries and reporting
- Maintain accounting files and records in accordance with IRC and donor requirements
- Other projects and assignments as needed.