Quality Seal Manager
ABOUT COMMMON GOAL
Common Goal’s vision is to maximize football’s contribution to people and planet by 2030. We operate within an ecosystem of leadership, solution providers and across all industry stakeholders to build the biggest ‘football team’ to move from intent to action and collectively tackle the challenges of our times.
Over the past 25 years, alongside 100+ of the most impactful community organisations in the streetfootballworld network and at the intersection of football and social entrepreneurship, we have learned how football enables and accelerates personal and community transformation. In 2017, we started a pro-athlete driven movement to build a solid bridge between football for good and the football industry. The ambition is to embed a 1% contribution across all stakeholders and, together, magnify its impact.
To date, around 200 professional athletes and managers from over 40 countries, such as Serge Gnabry, Pernille Harder, Megan Rapinoe, Paulo Dybala, Juan Mata, Julian Nagelsmann, Casey Stoney and Jürgen Klopp, as well as institutional leaders such as UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin, iconic former players like Eric Cantona as well as professional clubs, such as FC Nordsjælland, have joined the movement, committing at least 1% of their earnings.
We are gearing up for the next ten years, which will be a decade of action with great opportunities to mobilize even more. If you believe that the time to act is now, you’re in for radical team play and you believe that football can do better, we’d love to hear from you.
Quality Seal Manager (f/m/d)
to join our team as of December 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a new team member to lead the process of ensuring that the Football for Good Quality Seal – Common Goal’s certification scheme for football for good organisations – is fully operational and recognised globally as the standard for the football for good sector. The Quality Seal is one of the three pillars of Common Goal’s Quality Management Framework, together with our Learning Community and Impact Measurement. The ultimate aim of the Quality Management Framework is to inspire trust within communities, the football industry and society that the collective contribution of the Common Goal movement leads to tangible, sustainable and high-quality impact on people and planet. The Quality Seal aims to strengthen that trust as a fully reliable and transparent tool for the assessment and strengthening of football for good organisations’ social impact and growth potential.
· You lead the collaborative design, finalisation and implementation of the Quality Seal.
· You manage a team of regionally based evaluators, with responsibility for their recruitment, training, and coordination.
· You support in the design of a digital platform that enables the implementation of the Quality Seal.
· You lead the strategy to advocate for global recognition and alignment on the Quality Seal across the Sport for Good sector, and beyond.
· You coordinate the transition from the Quality Seal process in the concrete learning and capacity-building opportunities for organisations.
· You have a degree in international development, international relations, gender studies, or another relevant field.
· You have at least five (5) years of professional experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation, and risk management; experience in the implementation of a quality seal and community development is an asset.
· You have experience in the design and implementation of capacity-building and/or certification programmes and promoting a culture of learning.
· You have experience in engaging with a wide variety of partner organisations and supporting fundraising efforts.
· You have good knowledge of MS Office and other standard IT software.
· You are fluent in English; other languages are an advantage, especially Spanish, German, Portuguese, and/or French.
· You have a strategic mindset that helps you assess issues, trends and linkages between responsibilities, capabilities, and potential of the organisation.
· You enjoy working on new solutions and improving existing ones, proactively seeking new knowledge and skills for continuous learning.
· You pay attention to detail and like working on data, reports, and processes.
· You love to get things done and fully identify with our philosophy “it takes a team to win a game.”
· Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues and peers, flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes, and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
· Play your part in the world’s biggest community into a more sustainable path and join an innovative, experienced, solutions-oriented, and impact-driven team that is passionate about football for good.
· Enjoy flexible working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office, 30 days annual leave and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
· Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
· Make a full-time position in Berlin your own with an initial 12-month contract at fair conditions with the possibility of extension into a long-term position.
· Last but not least, join a squad where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
Do you want to play an active part in driving social change through football on a global level? Then get into the game and join our team!
Kick things off by submitting your application documents with your CV and a letter of motivation that highlights a few of your key achievements by October 25th, 2021, via our online application form. Please be sure to state your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date. Please submit all documents and information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.