ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Senior Assistant-Automobile. The position will be based at Patancheru, India and is open for Indian nationals only.
The objective is to carry out all auto electrical works in installing, diagnosing and repairing in a wide range of vehicles. Handle mechanical repairs, read technical manuals, schematics and auto electric control circuit diagrams. This is a nationally recruited position and is a part of the RP-Asia-Farm & Engineering Services at regional headquarters in Hyderabad, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Undertake all electrical maintenance and troubleshooting of cars, staff buses, tractors, planters, heavy machineries and generators in workshop and field both
- Provide creative and optimum approach to perform maintenance, repairing activities with proper understanding of technicalities.
- To operate electrical diagnostic equipment. Manage maintenance/repair activities from scheduling to execution.
- Ensure consistency in all auto-electrical repair and maintenance with all safety guidelines/procedures.
- Maintain and keep records of battery replacement and all major auto electrical repairs of equipment/vehicles.
- Exchange the technical knowledge among the team for enhancing skills and simplify repair activities.
- Gathering information from operators/drivers about issues with their equipment/vehicle electrical system for better understanding of operations and maintenance of machinery resulting in improving equipment/vehicle life.
- Providing end user with estimated time and cost for repairs and dedicated to deliver within promised time.
- Maintain and repair workshop floor equipment, battery charging unit, disposal of damaged materials according to established procedures.
- Take technical initiatives to simplify the repair process and focus on cost & time effective techniques.
- Prepare the inventory of auto-electrical spare parts to ensure timely completion of repair services.
- Sound knowledge of auto electrical components and electrical harness repairing.
- Should have very good diagnostic and electrical malfunction rectification skills
- Should have basic computer skills.
- Possessing a valid RTA license (2 wheelers and LMV)
- Should be able to speak (Telugu, Hindi, and English) & read / write simple English.
- Should display initiative to be available beyond normal working hours / off days, as and when required in the interest of work.
- Fulfill all the commitments on time with the high-quality delivery/standards.
Qualification and Experience: ITI/Diploma in Auto electrical stream with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Automobile/Agricultural Industry.
General: This appointment is initially for three years.
How to apply: Applicants should apply on or before 26 October, 2021 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer