Scientific Officer – Animal Nutrition and Production
If you are looking for an interesting and challenging opportunity in a leading organisation, then do not hesitate and send us your application still today!
Your key responsibilities
The successful candidate will work under the responsibility of the Head of Unit/Team Leader and will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Contribute to the delivery of EFSA scientific outputs via working groups and the FEEDAP Panelin accordance to the administrative rules and procedures of the Authority
• Perform the assessment of tolerance and efficacy studies including the statistical analysis for feed additive dossiers;
• Manage internal projects, grants and procurements in the field of animal nutrition and production;
• Interact with European, national and international stakeholders related to the scientific activities of the organisation.
EFSA employs around 600 staff members, and its Scientific Committee and Panels engage highly qualified and independent scientific experts. Every position within EFSA plays an important part in creating an inspirational environment in which to work and develop.
EFSA’s standards and values are driven by ethics and integrity and all staff is expected to act in a manner consistent with its principles, including fairness, transparency and impartiality in work practices and conduct towards other people.
As an EFSA staff member, you will have the chance to make a difference to European food safety working in an international and dynamic environment. You will also be able to participate in several valuable networking opportunities across Europe.
Furthermore, you will be joining EFSA at an exciting time as we are implementing the Transparency Regulation: EFSA expanded its mandate and will grow considerably over the next few years.
To find out more about EFSA, visit us at www.efsa.europa.eu.
- Various allowances to which the successful jobholder may be entitled, such as a household allowance, expatriation allowance (16% of basic salary), dependent child allowance and education allowance. The salary is subject to a Community tax deducted at source and staff members are exempt from national taxation.
- Wide range of leaves (e.g. annual leave, parental leave, public holidays) and flexible working hours. Besides working in EFSA’s modern headquarter located in the heart of Parma, staff members are also offered the possibility to telework up to 50% of working time.
- A comprehensive welfare package including pension scheme, medical, accident and occupational disease insurance coverage, unemployment and invalidity allowance, and travel insurance. Further information regarding rights, conditions of employment and benefits can be found at the following links:
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three (3) years attested by a diploma in one of the following fields: veterinary medicine, veterinary science, animal sciences, biology, toxicology, bio-veterinary sciences or related areas related to animal studies.
In case you do not fulfil all the eligibility criteria, your application will not be taken into consideration.
i. Professional experience in one or more of the following areas:
a. Animal nutrition
b. Animal production
ii. Experience in performing scientific risk assessments of feed additives/feed materials for food-producing animals (including ruminants, pigs, poultry, fish) and/or pets, in particular tolerance studies in target species or efficacy studies;
iii. Experience in managing projects, in particular in the field of animal nutrition, animal production or risk assessment;
iv. Experience in drafting clear, concise and structured scientific publications or opinions in the field of animal nutrition and/or animal production;
v. Experience in communicating scientific outputs to different target audiences,
conveying technical scientific concepts to internal and external stakeholders (both orally and in writing) and make them understandable to the target audience.
ii. Plan and measure for results: Set ambitious goals that exceed the targets and create plans to achieve them; ensure an efficient and responsible planning and management of resources;
iii. Focus on stakeholder needs: Committed to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and gain their trust and respect;
iv. Deal with ambiguity: Able to work constructively within unexpected and unpredictable situations and show resilience and composure, even in difficult or adverse circumstances; able to decide and act without having the total picture; accept constructive feedback in a positive manner;
v. Demonstrate political savvy and strategic agility: Look beyond the current situation and visualise what the future can bring with a keen sense for arising opportunities and good understanding of how and when to best pursue them; able to think in a creative and innovative way.