Operational Support Consultant
Freetown (Sierra Leone)
This consultancy was posted on October 6, 2021. While we review all applications on a rolling basis, please note that we will prioritize applications received within the first week of the posting. Thank you.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Operational Support Consultant will play a critical role in support of LMH’s work in Sierra Leone. Having launched a country program in July 2021, the Sierra Leone team is in search of a Consultant with prior experience supporting registration processes, vendor management, office set-up, and policy development at NGOs to ensure operational success. The ideal consultant will also have prior experience managing financial processes and budgetary forms.
Additionally the Consultant will partner with the team as they begin program implementation in service of the Ministry of Health.
- Commitment – 3 months with an immediate start preferred
- Remuneration – Maximum estimated fees upon completion of $6,250
What You'll Do
- Lead LMH’s registration process in Sierra Leone with the support of legal counsel, the Program Director, and Global Services team
- Support the Program Director in managing the leasing and set-up process of the rental property
- Based on guidance from Global Services, develop Sierra Leone specific operational and procurement policies and SOPs
- Provide technical support to the Sierra Leone country team on operational components of Programs implementation and planning
- As needed, partner with People Operations and IT to ensure all hardware and software in place for employee onboardings and offboardings
- Work with the Finance team to ensure all filings and reports (as they relate to operations or people operations) are submitted on time and complete to the government
- Support team to complete budgetary documents, reimbursements, requests for funds, and tracking these documents for completion
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.