The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation.
About the job
Provide financial and administrative support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities:
Finance and accounting
- Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
- Prepare transfer requests and or cash withdrawal letters for beneficiaries’ payments
- Assist the Finance Officer in reviewing the partners financial reports
- Creating invoices and posting all expenses on DRC Dynamics
- Responsible for payments according to request for payments presented with complete documentation
- Reporting the monthly expenses to the Programme Manager
- Scan/photocopy payment vouchers to create a backup and to upload them on the system when posting the expenses
- Manage additional tasks for the Finance Assistant position as required.
- Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners
- Support financial report preparations
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Bachelor/University degree in Accounting, Business, finance. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
- Experience with carrying out admin tasks
- Good communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
- NGO experience
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: 12 months
- Band/Level: I
- Duty Station: Beirut
- Expected Start date: 1 November 2021
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: October 21, 2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.