Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
The International Rescue Committee,
one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief,
rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities
over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe
drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to
Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and
development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development
(ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and
multi-sectoral emergency response.
Under the supervision of the HR/Admin
Manager, the HR/Admin Officer provides general Human Resource support for the
Admin & HR department. They will be encouraged to handle recruitments, HRIS
/Workday/, Payroll & related payments.
Responsibilities: - HR Talent Strategy and Talent Architecture:
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of IRC personnel policies respond to questions for staff.
- Promote and uphold THE IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct.
- Under the direction of the HR/Admin Manager, provide support to program and operations staff in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR issues.
- Foster and facilitate the development of collaborative professional relations between and among staff at all levels.
- Provide advice and support to satellite HR teams in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR and Admin related matters, including but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, career development, performance evaluation, disciplinary action, and separation
Recruiting and management:
- Participate in recruitment process of lower positions. Posting positions in appropriate media, CV review, interviewing, reference check, job offer, owning the orientation and travel arrangement.
- Advice Supervisors with reviewing job descriptions, posting job advertisements, screening applicants, conducting job interviews/written tests, reference checks, extending job offers, and ensuring new employee’s paperwork/hire pack is processed accurately.
- Ensure that recruitment process is fair and transparent and in line with IRC Global HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate orientation for all new staff with periodic follow-up fields visits for additional support to field teams; collaborate and coordinate with other departments to provide an engaging and welcoming orientation
- Maintain good working relationships with other organizations and provide feedback to management on HR issues.
- Advise and conduct employees on exit management process for exiting employees and maintain its copies on the file. The exit interviews are supported with monkey survey.
- Prepare send weekly insurance update
- Prepare and send weekly recruitment update for Addis HR
HR Service and Administration:
- Review new employees contract agreement for field offices and ensure the new employees’ data is update to date on workday before the contract is approved.
- Responsible for preparing monthly payroll and maintaining payroll related documents and information are kept accurately.
- Ensure satellite officer HR staffs prepare pension payment in timely manner. Ensure pension payment in relation to the back payments should be prepared and paid in a timely manner.
- prepare back payments, payroll adjustment for definite period employees.
- Ensure updated tracking for back payments and communicate them timely.
- Follow up of employee contract extension for field-based staffs.
- Assist in writing personnel letters as required (transfer, Promotion, increment, acceptance of resignation and others).
- Travel to the field sites at least twice a year to assess compliance with administration systems and policies, review administration operations.