Finnish Speaking Communications Intern
As the lead UN development agency, UNDP supports countries in their efforts to achieve Sustainable Development Goals. UNDP is present in 170 countries around the world and works to eradicate poverty and reduce inequalities. The UNDP Nordic Representation Office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, with satellite offices in Stockholm, Oslo and Helsinki. Together we work for distributing knowledge about UNDP’s work in the Nordic countries as well as coordinating the partnership with these key donors.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Finnish speaking intern to participate in the daily work of the office in Copenhagen. The intern can also work shorter periods at the Helsinki Office when necessary. Details will be discussed with the selected candidate. Because we are a small office with a wide range of responsibilities, we would like to find someone who is structured, independent, creative, and a self-starter. Tasks will include:
- Assist in liaising with different stakeholders (government officials, civil society and non-governmental actors, academic, and private sector).
- Assist in planning and organizing events, meetings, visits, and other high-profile events promoted by UNDP (like conferences, seminars, report launches and missions by senior UNDP officials).
- Develop and update the office’s social media channels (such as Facebook and Twitter) and cooperation with media.
- Ensure that the UNDP website for Finland, www.fi.undp.org is regularly updated with timely and relevant information. This includes translating and adapting news stories and other content for Finnish audiences.
- Help monitor coverage on global development issues in the Finnish media.
- Assist in responding to requests about UNDP and the partnership with Finland.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Excellent communications skills in English and Finnish.
- Computer literacy in standard software applications.
- Strong social media skills; knowledge of web publication tools and photo editing tools is an advantage.
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, global development and the work of international organisations.
- Team player; works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Knowledge of the UN/UNDP and commitment to UN mission and UNDP mandate is an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
Interested individuals must include the following documents when submitting the applications in UNDP job shop (Please note that only 1 (one) file can be uploaded therefore please include all documents in one file):