Consultancy - ICT Support & Regional CloudOne/CloudShare Deployment, LACRO, Panama City (11.5 months)-Closing Date Extension: 17 Oct 2021
Panama City (Panama)
Under supervision of the Regional Chief of ICT and with the guidance of the LACRO ICT Officer, the consultant will be accountable for supporting UNICEF Regional Office in its technical, operational and procedural support and end-user services in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of information and communications technology and activities of the Panama Regional Office, in accordance with the corporate ICT work plan, consistent with the office management.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, innovation
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF promotes the rights and welfare of all children and adolescents in everything we do. Together with our allies, we work in 190 countries and territories to transform this commitment into practical actions that benefit all children, especially focusing our efforts on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded, worldwide.
The UNICEF Latin America and Caribbean Regional Office is based in in Panama, operating in 36 territories, including 24 country offices.
UNICEF works to put the rights and well-being of the most disadvantaged children at the heart of the social, political, and economic agenda, in line with our equity focus, working across our organization and with our partners in government, civil society and the private sector to support shifts in public policy, fuel social engagement, and increase investment for children.
For more information about UNICEF and its work. (www.unicef.org/lac).
Purpose of the consultancy
Under supervision of the Regional Chief of ICT and with the guidance of the LACRO ICT Officer, the consultant will be accountable for supporting UNICEF Regional Office in its technical, operational and procedural support and end-user services in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of information and communications technology and activities of the Panama Regional Office, in accordance with the corporate ICT work plan, consistent with the office management
- End User Support and troubleshooting
- Help ICT focal point in CloudOne and Cloudshare roll-out
- Support for Videoconferences and virtual meetings
- Administrative Support to the ICT Team
- Daily check and administration for the Server Cluster and Virtual Machines environment supporting COs
- Daily check of power backup (UPS) availability, proper functioning of equipment in the Server room and internet links
- Backup for LACRO’s ICT support staff to assist users as needed
- Other ICT-related and user support tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor
Expected Results [measurable]
- Closure of support tickets
- Closure of user requests
- Contribution to ICT Projects and Initiatives
- Bimonthly reports about changes in Cloud One project and decommission of Servers related to it
- Report related to the support results given in the Regional office every three months from started day
- Service Now reports on Interaction, Incident, Change and records updated or contributed, to be generated every three months from started day.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first university degree in computer science or an ICT-related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience are accepted I lieu of the university degree.
- Proven server administration experience, especially in Microsoft environments. Having MS certificates in the related areas is an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years in ICT end-user support including hardware/software/Internet troubleshooting is required.
- Experience ins installation of hardware, software, and mobile apps, and in providing ICT support to users. Good interpersonal and service-oriented skills.
- Knowledge and practice in a similar multi-national and heterogeneous ICT environment is an asset.
Fluency in Spanish is required.
Fluency in English is required.
The consultant / individual contractor will work under the direct supervision of the Regional ICT Chief and in close collaboration with the LACRO ICT Officer.
This consultancy will be office-based. It requires presence in office. It is not a remote consultancy.
This consultancy has a duration of 11.5 months.
Candidates applying for this vacancy announcement can be National of Panama or Not National of the country but with work permit.
How to Apply
- Application should be submitted online and should include: Resume, Cover Letter and Financial proposal. Qualified candidates are requested to submit daily and monthly fees in their financial proposal.
- Monthly payments are based on above-mentioned specific tasks and deliverables.
Travel will not be involved. This vacancy does not covers travel expenses to Panama.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.