Human Resources Consultant (11.5 months, Full- time) , Human Resources Centre- UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen (Home-based)
This consultancy is being initiated to increase HR capacity to support the COVID-19 L3 global emergency staffing surge on a full-time basis.
Context and Purpose of the Consultancy:
UNICEF is leading efforts to procure and supply COVID-19 vaccines in what could possibly be the world’s largest and fastest ever global vaccination operation, in collaboration with the PAHO Revolving Fund and as part of the global vaccine plan (COVAX Facility), led by Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. UNICEF is working with manufacturers and partners on the procurement of vaccine doses as well as freight, logistics and storage of COVID-19 vaccines for 92 low and lower middle-income countries.
To respond to the increased demand from countries and partners seeking COVID-19 Outbreak response commodities through UNICEF, there is a need to provide additional staffing surge support.
A University Degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology or another related field is required.
Two years of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required, preferably with UNICEF or any other UN organisation.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
UNICEF Core Values
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drives to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
Qualified candidates are requested to submit:
- Cover letter demonstrating experience and fit for the position
- Financial quote at a daily rate in US Dollars including all taxes.
- P11 form (only required if not applying through UNICEF Employment site)
- At least 3 reference contacts from current and previous Supervisors
1. Please indicate your availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered. Deadline:21 October 2021
2. Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.