National Construction Officer (CO)
Albania (Colombia) | Tirana
The mandate of the OSCE Presence in Albania is to promote democratization, the rule of law, and human rights as well as to consolidate democratic institutions in line with OSCE principles, standards and commitments.
Originally established in 1997, today, the Presence’s activities range from arms control and the fight against trafficking to electoral assistance; anti-corruption initiatives; gender mainstreaming and environmental projects; human rights protection; legislative, judicial, and media reform; and the capacity-building of law enforcement officials.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Presence in Albania please see:
A vacancy for a fix-term appointment has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a National Construction Officer (CO) starting from December 2021 for a period of 3 years, under the ExB project entitled “Assisting the National Authorities of the Republic of Albania to Decrease the Risk of Weapon Proliferation and Misuse of Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW)”.
The incumbent is based at the OSCE Presence in Albania, within Security Cooperation Department and will be under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer (PO) in cooperation with the members of the Project Implementation Team (PIT).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National Project Officer, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Managing construction planning, designing, and implementation;
- Overseeing, evaluating and reporting on infrastructure development and refurbishment activities;
- Ensuring that all design and construction activities are planned and implemented on time and within budget;
- Assisting in the evaluation of the received bids and selection of the best offer;
- Communicating and coordinating with contractors on the field, PIT and MoI;
- Managing, monitoring, and controlling construction projects from start till competition of works due to Quality management style;
- Scheduling deliverables and estimating costs related to construction works
- Analysing, managing, and mitigating risks related to construction activities;
- Ensuring quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques;
- Ensuring that the Project deliverables are aligned with the Project objectives.
- Developing, coordinating, controlling, manage and advising on the development of necessary technical documentation;
- Assisting in the process of developing procurement documentation (ToR, performance requirements) for contracting project designs and construction services;
- Managing all QA/QC documents (certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, etc.);
- Drafting contracts and obtaining permits and licenses;
- Preparing internal and external reports about job status;
- Developing and presenting periodic written and oral reports related to the implementation of construction part of the ExB Project;
- Monitoring the selection, purchasing, using of construction materials and track inventory;
- Performing inspections related to quality construction works required as per the project designs/specifications for all works on and off-site;
- Reviewing the work progress daily;
- Monitoring and reporting for the budget expenditures.
- Performing other duties as requested
- Bachelor degree in construction engineering or similar and license A for supervision and building (mandatory).
- Minimum five years of professional experience in Construction / Refurbishing Management, including experience in an international organization and in an inter-governmental, governmental or commercial organization;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, including the ability to prepare public work-related presentations in simple;
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 1650 EURO, subject to post classification results and to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.