Project Implementation Manager (Pacific) - Democratic Development in the Pacific Project
Fiji (Fiji )
- Contract Type: Consultancy, full-time
- Contract Period: Nov-2021 to Jun-2022 (subject to change)
- Working Location: Suva, Fiji (travel and visa restrictions permitting)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
International IDEA’s mission is to advance democracy worldwide, as a universal human aspiration and an enabler of sustainable development, by supporting the building, strengthening and safeguarding of democratic political institutions and processes at all levels.
International IDEA has the prospect of implementing a Pacific-wide project with an ambitious target start date in Q4-2021. The project intends to provide foundations for longer term peaceful democratic development in Pacific countries (with Melanesia as possible priority region) through research-based actions, inclusive and participatory decision-making as well as people-to-people collaboration.
To implement the project effectively, International IDEA requires the services of an expert consultant to fulfil the role of Project Implementation Manager for an approximate period of 8 months (with possible extension), with a target start date of mid-November 2021.
The Project Implementation Manager will be responsible for the overall direction of the Project in coordination with International IDEA’s Asia and the Pacific Regional Office. S/he will lead and coordinate the inception of the Project, the planning, implementation, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of all related activities, as identified in the Description of Action (DoA) and in annual workplans, ensuring compliance with both the donor’s and International IDEA’s regulations and coherence of the overall Project.
- University degree in Social Science, Political Science, Law or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in project management (in a leading role), preferably in the areas of democracy and governance and/or parliamentary support, in the Pacific, including solid experience in the management of project teams.
- Excellent understanding of programming, monitoring and evaluation approaches and procedures is essential.
- Good working knowledge and practical experience in working with members of parliaments, parliamentary secretariats and committees, and experience in the development and production of parliamentary resources, tools and programming, including knowledge of parliamentary needs assessment methodologies and approaches is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and working experience on mainstreaming gender in governance and democracy and parliamentary support is considered an advantage.
- Experience with International donor-funded projects and requirements, as well as familiarity with their processes and systems is considered an asset.
International IDEA is advertising this opportunity through open tender and requests interested applicants to submit a proposal including CV, cover letter and quoted monthly fee. For full details of the role and instructions on how to apply, visit International IDEA's tendering portal: https://www.idea.int/about-us/procurement-and-tenders