Birmingham (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Our Birmingham, UK Humanitarian Academy for Development (HAD) Office is actively recruiting for the position of ‘Talent Coordinator’. Serving the Humanitarian and International Development Sector and its parent Islamic Relief Worldwide - it collects, coordinates and delivers compelling HAD in action content and messaging around the globe to promote the training, research and talent development services HAD offers to retain existing customers and attract new customers. The Division leverages digital platforms, public relations, events and the media, all in line with HAD’s vision, mission and strategy. It is envisioned to be a hub where humanitarian and development theories and practice are studied, examined and developed.
The purpose of the role is to provide coordination and offer expertise and skills in recruiting graduates, to the range of entry-level opportunities available at IR. Having proven experience and ability in coordinating recruitment and talent initiatives, you will facilitate the graduate programmes and support individuals throughout their placement. You will liaise with various divisions of Islamic Relief Worldwide and will be responsible for the delivery of the programmes and scoping progression opportunities.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a HR-related field or Business Studies
- Professional HR/L&D qualification e.g. CIPD or equivalent is preferable (related experience may be considered in place)
- Strong service and quality orientation to business customers
- Very good interpersonal skills, persuasive, mature, organised, proactive, and open minded
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills – can think creatively to overcome challenges
- Very good organisation skills and attention to detail to ensure high quality in ones work
- Ability to prioritise and work efficiently under pressure and subject to changing priorities;
- Very good ability to respond to a dynamic and changing environment
- Very good written and spoken English
- Sound level of computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in graduate resourcing, acquisition and development preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Confidence in delivering presentations and representing HAD/IR to students and graduates on campus including running workshops and inductions
- Able to adapt styles to meet the needs of different audience
- Experience of resourcing and working as part of a HR Function
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of; Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place in late October 2021.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- criminal records check
- receipt of satisfactory references
For UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer