EXTENDED- Salesforce Production Support Consultant, LACRO Panama City (11.5 months)
Panama City (Panama)
LACRO is looking for a consultant to be responsible for providing technical support for the platforms relating to the implementation of Supporter Engagement -strategy in the region. Take advantage of this opportunity and apply now!!
EXTENDED: Please take note that Salesforce experience is extremely important, those who had previously applied shall be retained for the next step automatically, if they have such experience, so there is no need to re-apply.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, innovation
The UNICEF Latin America and Caribbean Regional Office is based in in Panama, operating in 36 territories, including 24 country offices.
UNICEF works to put the rights and well-being of the most disadvantaged children at the heart of the social, political, and economic agenda, in line with our equity focus, working across our organization and with our partners in government, civil society and the private sector to support shifts in public policy, fuel social engagement, and increase investment for children.
For more information about UNICEF and its work. (www.unicef.org/lac).
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Chief of ICT (LACRO), the consultant will be responsible for providing technical support for the platforms relating to the implementation of Supporter Engagement -strategy in the region. The consultant will be responsible for administration, configuration, troubleshooting, fault identification, rectification, performance and health monitoring of the Supporter Engagement platforms. He/she should ensure adherence to corporate information security and data privacy standards, in addition to alignment with PCI compliance requirements.
The consultant is expected to develop both functional and technical understanding of SES applications stack and to bring a proactive approach to the identification of problems and faster resolutions. The consultant will provide go-live support, taking ownership and responding to operational issues and communication to the wider team. Acting as regional point of contact, the consultant will be part of the global DevOps team and will be actively involved in application delivery and enhancements. Demonstrating strong ability, effectively self-managing priorities and being able to collaborate effectively between end user and delivery team will help succeed in the role.
• Provides and takes ownership of L2/L3 support to end users on Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and associated applications. This would be done either directly by the consultant or (especially for L3 support) through the ICT Division’s Salesforce team.
• Performs Salesforce administrative tasks, such as user maintenance, security settings and conducts regular security/configuration audits.
• Creates and maintains documentation on processes, policies, application configuration, user support materials and systems operational manuals and documents.
• Supports in data analysis and management, including data de-duplication/cleanup. Audits, uncovers and resolves data integrity issues.
• Works with large data volumes for data migration, data update/correction by using Apex Data loader, Dataloader.io or associated tools.
• Creates and trains users in the creation and maintenance of Reports and Dashboards in Salesforce.
• Performs analysis and diagnosis of systems problems, including debugging of codes and proactively identifying areas for process improvement and automation.
• Proactively monitors applications and ensures stability and availability of the production environment by responding to alerts.
• Assists in post-implementation and continuous improvement efforts to enhance and optimize the CRM platform and associated applications.
• Follows established change management strategies to identify changes required in the systems and communicates to the users in advance to ensure smooth operations of the systems.
• Supports the global Salesforce delivery team in the production of release notes in the upgrade and enhancement of production environment.
• Works closely with end users to understand business requirements for any support requests/enhancements.
• Is part of global development operations and technical teams and participates in agile delivery (enhancement, new features, etc...).
• Manages daily workload and maintains Service Level Agreement (SLA) to provide quality services to end users. Also, responsible for establishing and maintaining a measurable, automated incident management process (e.g., on the ServiceNow corporate platform).
- Supporter Engagement Strategy (SES) is implemented in at least 5 COs
- Required support to deployment of Salesforce for 5 COs is provided
- Availability of documentation on processes, policies, application configuration, user support materials and systems operational manuals and documents
- Support provided to the global Salesforce delivery team in the production of release notes in the upgrade and
enhancement of production environment
- Monthly reports about implementation of SES in the Region.
- Monthly reports on support provided to the deployment of Salesforce in the Region, including user training, and to the global Salesforce delivery team.
- Monthly progress reports on the availability of documentation on processes, policies, application configuration, user support materials and systems operational manuals and documents.
- Final Report on the status of SES and deployment of Salesforce in the Region.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: A University degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology management or related field is required. Certification in Salesforce (Administrator/Developer) is required.
Work Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience. Experience working in a UN organization is an asset.
Languages: Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Knowledge of French or Portuguese will be considered an asset.
Other skills and attributes (optional): Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Has the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and continuous improvement mindset. Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and able to adept the changing priorities and to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a global distributed team.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF competencies: building and maintains partnerships, demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness, drive to achieve results for impact, innovates and embraces change, manages ambiguity and complexity, thinks and acts strategically, works collaboratively with others and nurtures, and, leads and manages people. Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
Supervision: The consultant will be directly supervised by the Regional Chief of ICT on Technical deliverables, and a dotted reporting line to Technical Lead (CRM Solutions) in ICT Division/Digital Core-Valencia. On business issues, the consultant will work very closely with the LACRO Regional PFP Support Center.
Workplace: Preferred work arrangement is from the office, but due to the COVID-19 situation, the consultant may have to initially work from home until the Pandemic situation and travel restrictions change.
Travel will be covered by UNICEF as per policy. • Travel costs will be estimated and added to the contract once they are determined based on UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations. • For agreed country visits, the contractor/consultant will be responsible in administering their own travel. UNICEF will reimburse travel related expenses based on actual costs or on the below criteria whichever is lower and upon presentation of receipts. • Any travel involved should be budgeted according to UN Travel Standards as a ceiling. • UN Secretariat Administrative Instruction on Official Travel, ST/AI/2013/3: Sect. 4, para. 4.2, numerals (d) and (e) • For information on Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), can be found on the International Civil Service Commission website (all countries and destinations can be found by navigating on the map).
How to Apply? Application should be submitted online and should include: Resume, Cover Letter, University Diploma and Financial proposal. Qualified candidates are requested to submit monthly fees in their financial proposal. Payment of professional fees will be based on submission of agreed deliverables. UNICEF reserves the right to withhold payment in case the deliverables submitted are not up to the required standard or in case of delays in submitting the deliverables on the part of the consultant.
Duration of contract: Estimated start date of this consultancy is the second week of October 2021 for a period of 11.5 months.
Vacancy Announcement Remarks:
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF reserves the right to make additional assessment of the pre-selected candidates, if needed UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.