VAC-6430 Operations and Quality Assurance Officer
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
There is a problem of weapons and explosive contamination in Mali, following historical and recent conflict. There is clear evidence of the presence of landmines, unexploded ordnance (UXO), improvised explosive devices (IED) and insecure stockpiles of weapons and ammunition (abandoned or neglected). There were more than 130 recorded victims of UXO since 2012.
Our client was established under Security Council Resolution 2100 and the mandate further developed under resolution 2164. In accordance with these mandates, two of our clients have engaged to implement a mine action programme in Mali.
The shared mine action programme is seeking to:
• Reduce the explosive threat to our clients' and United Nations personnel;
• Enhance national capacity to mitigate explosive threats;
• Improve the protection of civilians.
Under the overall guidance and supervision, our client's Operation Senior Manager, The Ops/QA Officer will be responsible for the following:
● All aspects of mine action related activities carried out by contractors under your supervision and control;
● Conduct quality control on training and mentorship carried out by contracted trainers
● Implementation and monitoring of technical, and national safety standards.
● When requested, act as the Investigating Officer for Detailed Independent Investigations or Boards of Inquiry for Mine/UXO Accidents or incidents;
● Debriefing the MA organizations on QA achievements and QA assessments and ensure that all QA assessment data is captured through the appropriate QA documentation and QA tracker;
● Provide guidance on any specific corrective actions to be taken by organizations, following an inspection, which finds a critical non-conformity;
● Ensure proper maintenance of documentation for all inspected land;
● Responsible for ensuring proper storage of explosives in accordance with national and international guidelines an ensure control and security of explosives that are used by implementing mine action organisations within the AOR.
● Understand the International Mine Action Standards (IMAS) and International Ammunition Technical Guidelines (IATG’s); ensure that Mine Action Organization Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are in compliance with the IMAS and IATG’s and are conducting safe and effective Mine Action and PSSM Operations;
● As directed by the Regional Area Coordinator, coordinate, facilitate and prioritize all operational tasking within the area of responsibility.
● Trainers and mentors to the benefit of our client's personnel, civilian and military.
● Provide advice and input into the development of strategic and procedural documents related to EOD/IEDD matters in support to our client.
● As directed by the Regional Area Coordinator, coordinate efforts in the area of capacity building relations in mine action and against the risks posed by explosive threats (EOD and IED) in accordance with the approved project work plan.
●Comprehensive operational management of our client's Regional office in absence of the Regional Area Coordinator.
● Other tasks as directed by the Programme Manager and Chief of Operations.
● Weekly report detailing all activities conducted that week.
● Weekly report detailing future activities.
● QA Reports and tracking report
● Mission reports as required.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the objectives of the Organization Accountability.
▪ Accountability: To comply with the Organization's rules and procedures.
▪ Ability to Plan and Organize: Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
▪ Analytical skills: Strong ability to analyse information and work under pressure.
▪ Communication: Speaks clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
▪ Client Orientation: Consider all those to whom the insured services as "clients" and seeks to see things from their perspective. Establish and maintain productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
Team management is not part of this role.
▪ Internationally recognized driving license
▪ Physically fit and in good health.