Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Post Number : 6ETED0014PA
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 31-OCT-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates who are entitled to work in Ethiopia may apply to this position.
(Duration of contract: 1 year, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance)OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director UNESCO Addis Ababa Liaison Office AU, UNECA and Representative to Ethiopia and direct supervision of the education section coordinator and EHW project officer, the incumbent is expected to support the overall UNESCO education section activities mainly focusing on the Education for Health and Wellbeing project activities.
Support will be provided in the following key administrative and programmatic areas:
Provide overall secretarial and administrative support in the implementation of the following projects:
- Education for Health and Well Being (EHW) Project;
- Better Education for African Rise (BEAR II) project;
- Strengthening Educational Information Management System for data-driven Education in Emergency (EiE);
- HUWAEI Technology Group Project;
- and other upcoming projects.
- Closely work and communicate with the Federal Ministry of Education, Ministry of health as well as the Federal TVET Agency (now known as Ethiopian Technical University) realizing the objective of the projects,
- Create and elaborate contracts and follow up timely budget release for its effectiveness,
- Create and maintain partnerships with various service providers such as hotels, printer and stationaries, translators and interpreters, etc.
- Organize workshops, training session, draft agenda, list of participants, and contact with facilitators and resource persons, prepare draft proceedings/reports using templates etc. and attend and oversee administrative activities of meetings and workshops; Contribute to regular monitoring of project implementation to ensure the timely implementation of intended activities and budget,
- Create vacancy announcements and follow up on the submission of applicants to finance and HR for shortlisting,
- Prepare articles on events and workshops to be posted on the website,
- Perform other duties as needed by the different projects, education section coordinator and Director of the Office.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in secretarial/administrative assistance.
- Good knowledge of mechanisms of project management;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide efficient and timely support;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to different work priorities;
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office.
- Excellent knowledge (oral and written) of English.
- Certificate/training in administration or any relevant field to the position such as Management.
- Relevant working experience within United Nations agencies.
- Excellent proof-reading skills;
- Knowledge of contractual procedures;
- Knowledge of the format and protocols of formal communications;
- Knowledge of UNESCO rules, administrative procedures and standard practices.
- Knowledge at least of one of the local languages.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.