Finance Assistant Afghanistan Oruzgan
Caution: This position is for Afghan National only
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Finance Assistant position is to provide administrative or technical support in a specialist area of work, either support functions or Core Competences.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise
- Assists in the development of the department budget and ensures spending remains within acceptable variances;
- Support the Manager in addressing any personnel matters within the department.
- Verifies and records department staff compliance with the agency’s administrative and financial policies and procedures, including travel expense claims and staff attendance reports.
- Prepares financial, expenditures and payment authorization forms.
- Be in - charge of all financial matters in Uruzgan field office
- Be responsible for verifying of payments to contractors, & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC Financial policies and procedures;
- Analysis financial information and prepare financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Maintain all financial records properly (hard copy and soft version);
- Verification of staff salary payroll, periderm, travel and other allowances;
- Shall verify all purchase requests and cash advances
- Shall participate in all suppliers bidding selection committees
- Be responsible to make cash forecast on monthly basis and send to Herat office for the process
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- Prepare vouchers and their supporting documents
- Assist to maintain hard and soft filing system
- Maintain budget tracking sheet.
- Maintain and follow supplier, landlord and payroll tax clearing forms
- Prepare monthly tax reports
- Prepare bank reconciliation of bank account.
- Perform other duties as required from his supervisor
- Experience from working as a finance staff in a humanitarian/recovery context for at least 2 years.
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- University degree in Business Administration, economics or finance/accounting
- English (Fluency in Ready, Writing and Understanding)
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Smart Phone with Top up Credit card with internet package on monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) depended for medical insurance.
- One time Eid Bonus per year
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.