UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) works in more than 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of inputs and information for strategies and communication programme design;
- Coordination and adaptation of UNDP global campaigns and initiatives for a Swedish audience;
- Coordination and implementation of joint UN information campaigns and initiatives;
- Support the monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of communications efforts;
- Support reporting to external partner on communications results.
- Contributes to strategies and plans to enhance digital communications with the purpose of increasing knowledge and engagement in development issues, including the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Updates, maintains and develops digital platforms, such as websites and interactive tools, including www.globalamålen.se;
- Supports the development of campaigns and content for social media platforms;
- Develops communications assets and materials for digital platforms;
- Prepares campaign kits and content for partner platforms as needed;
- Under guidance, project manage digital communications initiatives as needed.
- Under guidance, responsible for event management of knowledge-sharing events such as seminars, briefings and report launches, including liaising with external and internal stakeholders, logistics and event marketing;
- Under guidance, responsible for the development of communications materials for marketing and awareness-raising, including briefing materials and media materials.
- Support in identification, documentation and drafting of best practices and lessons learned;
- Organization of training for staff on effective digital communications as needed.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Ability to design and implement strategic short/long term campaigns and carry out customized activations to highlight UNDP's position and support issue based advocacy
- Ability to engage with other agencies, donors, and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships
- Ability to focus on results for clients by providing information, being accessible, understanding need and giving them due priority.
- Ability to represent and promote the UNDP brand in virtual communities / networks and promote citizen engagement in UNDP's work
- Ability to use a range of techniques and intelligence to develop and implement customized initiatives to target varied audiences to meet UNDP's objectives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with at least seven (6) years relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Media Relations, Journalism or related with relevant experience of at least three (3) years;
- Master’s degree in Communications, Media Relations, Journalism or related is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience of working with communications;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in providing communication packages to promote the activities of international development organization;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of, and developing content for, web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Swedish is a requirement;
- Other official language of the UN will be desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.